1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

What Made You Roll Your Eyes Today Thread?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 18, 2011.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Then get off the fence and do it.

ConsummateVs and LittleJerry92 like this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I’m going to.

3. C to the J

C to the J Well-Known Member

As if not giving Wander Over Yonder one more season wasn't bad enough (the SaveWOY petition is well over 46,000, BTW), a whole other reason not to pitch a show to Disney has come up.

So I found out yesterday that Shannon Tindle (the genius behind Kubo and the Two Strings) had a pitch for a new Disney show called The Haunted Mansion, which I feel beats that 2003 movie, considering the show was supposed to "span several years and focus on different characters, but add up to one big, interconnected story." If you've seen Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero and Tangled: The Series, the animation in the pitch intro will remind you of those shows - it's so impressive that it makes the animation in the shows Disney XD airs more frequently look, well, obsolete.

Unfortunately, from what I've discovered, it never got picked up. I tell you, there's something very screwy about the person in charge of deciding which shows can or cannot continue. He must be like, "Who needs Shannon's meaningful take on The Haunted Mansion when we've got other televised goldmines like Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse shorts?" Either the executives have poor taste or the viewers aren't as open-minded as the executives expect them to be.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

This commercial:

I bet that other place had much better pizza. Little Caesars is gross.

At least the little girl was funny, though.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've never actually eaten Little Caesar's pizza, but it always looks so generic and bland in their commercials.

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Little Caesars sucks. Their pizza has a microwaved taste to it.

7. LittleJerry92

So here are a couple of things that made me roll my eyes recently.

1. The fact that my mom doesn't think I need to order my own weed vape pen. Un, yeah, okay. How about when I move out? I'm not gonna be sharing it with my dad then.

2. So I've been playing god of war 2 and already at the beginning I had to switch to easy mode because the first boss was so difficult. Literally, there was no way I could dodge.

3. I purchased Snow Day last night on YouTube and the video kept buffering. Gee, thanks. 3 dollars went down the toilet. I had to go blow off 3 more on Amazon video afterwards.

8. LittleJerry92

Aaaaand here's another thing that can go on the list.

Creative cloud now just flat out refuses to open up on my Mac. :rolleyes:

No wonder premiere wasn't opening.

9. fuzzygobo

To show you how classy it is, one K-Mart by me (before it closed down) sold Little Caesar's at the snack bar.

If it was a toss-up between Little Caesar's and Tree Tavern (the worst cardboard frozen pizza on earth), Tree Tavern still wins out.

10. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i
    don't know which pizza is the nastiest, little Caesars or domino's . they are both gross.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  11. LittleJerry92

Domino's is decent.... Though maybe I'm also saying this cause I've eaten their food stoned alot....

12. MikaelaMuppet

My parents don’t like Pizza Hut or Domino’s at all.

13. D'Snowth

Domino's is kind of like at the bottom of the pizza deliver chain tier ladder, and they're painfully aware of it, that's why they've been spending the last several years trying to painfully play the angle where they acknowledge they're not that great, but at least try: I mean in addition to adding a whole bunch of new menu items that nobody asked for (like sandwiches and pastas and such), they've also been bribing customers into buying stock in the franchise, have been completely demolishing a lot of their locations to completely rebuild them from the ground up in an attempt to modernize, and they've invented delivery cars with built-in ovens to keep the pizza hot till it reaches it's destination. Now, that last bit is actually pretty cool and futuristic, but the rest just kind of shows their desperation and self-pity.

The junk about Papa John himself aside (at least he's stepped down from his own company), their food is usually really good, but my biggest beef with them is their neglegent about their own menu: twice last year I've tried ordering a specialty pizzas that were on their menus, only to be told they don't make them anymore and that they don't know why they're still on the menu. :rolleyes: But other than that, their pizzas, wyngs, and even their cookie pizzas are good.

Jet's is another good chain, with a bit more variety in terms of the kinds of pizzas you can get, not to mention you can flavor your crust, you can get either bone-in or boneless wyngs, and their stuff is usually pretty tasty.

scooterfan360 and ConsummateVs like this.
  14. LittleJerry92

I've had domino's pasta and it's decent. Haven't had their sandwiches.

But man, their cheesey bread. :flirt:

15. D'Snowth

My problem with pizzaria pastas is they tend to bake them, and pastas aren't really a food that should be baked: it comes out all tough and rubbery.

16. scooterfan360

QUOTE="LittleJerry92, post: 1206443, member: 7860"]Domino's is decent.... Though maybe I'm also saying this cause I've eaten their food stoned alot....[/QUOTE] :laugh: that's the only way i would eat that crap.

LittleJerry92 and ConsummateVs like this.
  17. scooterfan360

well pizza hut is okay, it depends on the cook, and how good they cook. but for pizza, i go to the local pizza places , i think that they are much better.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  18. MikaelaMuppet

The only reason my parents don’t like Pizza Hut anymore is because after we had it on vacation, they said that it has changed and didn’t like it after that.

19. fuzzygobo

Lasagna probably being the exception.

I've mentioned before, in my pizza priority list:
    1. Mom and pop locations, in my case Frank's or Vincenzo's
    2. Some frozen pizzas, like DiGiorno's self-rising crust
    3. Chains from best to worst, Papa John's, Domino's, Pizza Hut
    4. Homemade, with a Boboli crust, Pizza Quick sauce, your own cheese
    5. Canned dog food
    6. Little Caesar's still bringing up the rear. How appropriate.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

Uh-uh. Lasagna makes me throw up. :(