What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Somebody on YouTube edited Shrek and took Shrek out of the movie. Seriously, how can it be called Shrek if the titular character isn't in it?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
the fact that my mom is a hypocrite, she agreed with these ladies that there is nothing wrong with shopping for clothes at thrift stores, but when i mentioned that i want to go and shop for vintage designer clothes, she says why would you want to go and buy clothes that somebody else wore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some dumb FOX show did a scene with an older man and a younger woman talking about TV shows, the man brought up M*A*S*H, which the girl had never heard of before, so he tried explaining to her that it was one of the best shows ever on television, to which the girl argues that BOY MEETS WORLD is the greatest show ever. That's not really what made my eyes roll, it was the comments on YouTube from younger users saying how boring M*A*S*H is. Just proves my point that younger generations have no idea what real television is, because their generation mainly has nothing but low brow comedies that go for lowest common denominator humor that anything else would go over their heads - much like little girls who have no real developed taste in music if they think Taylor Swift is the greatest thing the music industry has to offer, when all her songs are about her breakups.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some dumb FOX show did a scene with an older man and a younger woman talking about TV shows, the man brought up M*A*S*H, which the girl had never heard of before, so he tried explaining to her that it was one of the best shows ever on television, to which the girl argues that BOY MEETS WORLD is the greatest show ever. That's not really what made my eyes roll, it was the comments on YouTube from younger users saying how boring M*A*S*H is. Just proves my point that younger generations have no idea what real television is, because their generation mainly has nothing but low brow comedies that go for lowest common denominator humor that anything else would go over their heads - much like little girls who have no real developed taste in music if they think Taylor Swift is the greatest thing the music industry has to offer, when all her songs are about her breakups.
Kids these days don't know what real TV and music is because they don't cater to my own personal tastes! These youths today don't understand that all humor, styles of storytelling and music should've stayed exactly the same as it was thirty years ago! :grouchy:

And also, I wouldn't be surprised if the people who said M*A*S*H was boring were just too young to enjoy it. I know for a fact that I couldn't get through any episodes up until about two years ago. In fact, even my mother has always thought the show was boring. It's really all about personal tastes.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My Grandpa getting The Simpsons and The Muppets confused. I get that their both things I like, but still.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kids these days don't know what real TV and music is because they don't cater to my own personal tastes! These youths today don't understand that all humor, styles of storytelling and music should've stayed exactly the same as it was thirty years ago! :grouchy:
I'm not going that far, but as I said, considering so much of humor today is lowest common denominator of body part and bodily function jokes, or that much of today's musical artists have built empires for themselves by singing songs about their breakups (lookin' at you, Taylor), much of the younger generation today wouldn't be able to appreciate something of years past that didn't have to rely on these same convictions and conventions that entertainment today seems to. I mean back then, big television events included such things as Lucy having a baby or Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death - today, the earth-shattering things on TV are Sheldon and Amy sleeping together for the first time, or how many times 2 BROKE GIRLS can say "******" in a single episode.

Of course, not all of today's younger generations is like that, and there are some exceptions of younger people who can appreciate things from the past (such as yourself).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You said that 2 Broke Girls can say a bunch of cuss words in an episode, while we're on the topic, has anybody noticed that calling somebody a dick has become increasingly acceptable on TV lately? Half of the shows I watch nowadays have used the word "dick" in recent seasons, was that word always not bleeped or did that start recently?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Microsoft Support is requiring you to pay for their paid support service if you chat with them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You said that 2 Broke Girls can say a bunch of cuss words in an episode
It wasn't a cuss word, persay, as it was the term for a female body part, which apparently is also censored on MC.
While we're on the topic, has anybody noticed that calling somebody a dick has become increasingly acceptable on TV lately? Half of the shows I watch nowadays have used the word "dick" in recent seasons, was that word always not bleeped or did that start recently?
Same with G.D.