What made you roll your eyes today thread?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I have to get a new wall outlet plug for my iPhone because I managed to lose it already and I don't know where I left it.

And apparently, changes are coming on Monday that also have to do with it as well.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The reason why my now ex-boyfriend didn't tell me why his parents divorced is because it wasn't any of my business and it was personal to him.

:rolleyes: (sarcastic laugh)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Repeated instances at work of people trying to get me and my team to fix their mistakes. Uh, NOOOOOPE. (You should hear that in a Lana voice, if you watch Archer.)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I asked my dad if I could get a NOOK gift card with the paycheck I got from work. He said no because I have to finish the batch of books that I currently have on my e-reader.

I wish I never wasted those two gift cards I received a few months ago because now I can't get the dream book that I want and have to wait instead.

Going to be a long time right now until I get the book I really want.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Today at work, a co-worker dropped the N-bomb on me.

Now let me specify a few things.

This girl is black.
The only one lighter, paler, and pastier than me is Snowthy.
SHE dropped the N-bomb on ME!
Now if the situation was reversed, I'd probably be fired, or at least severely reprimanded.

I certainly don't condone racism of any kind, but if she at least would've called me a "honky" or a "cracker", it would've showed where her mind was really at.

Am I a victim of reverse-reverse racism?
Anyone, regardless of their color, who calls ME an N-bomb needs my glasses more than I do.

I've been called a number of things in my life, but this is one for the books.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My sister (who's also white) calls me the N-word as well . . . but then again, she likes to pretend she's what they call a "wigga" (when a white person tries to act like a stereotypical street-wise black person).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My sister (who's also white) calls me the N-word as well . . . but then again, she likes to pretend she's what they call a "wigga" (when a white person tries to act like a stereotypical street-wise black person).
They actually did a news story on "wiggas", ten or more years ago. It's enough to make you die laughing.
Most of the young people who fit that profile didn't come from inner cities, but grew up in affluent suburbs, came from well-to-do families, but still felt the need to act like they were raised in the ghetto.

(Cue Cartman) "...And another baby born in the ghet-to" (sings "In the ghet-to!") 8)

On the other side of the coin, the Wayans brothers had a fantastic skit on "In Living Color" featuring "The Brothers Brothers" (spoof of the Smothers Brothers). Two black guys stripped of all street cred, acting so lily-white, it's as funny as the wiggas in reverse.

If they tried pulling that off today, the Wayans would probably be condemned for being "Uncle Toms". I wonder how the wiggas would be branded by the PC Police.