What made you roll your eyes today thread?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It takes a lot for me to find anything negative to frown over, rant about, complain about, etc. etc. etc. I'll always try to find the good in anything, even if it takes some searching. But here I'm struck by the absurdity of it all:

I love going to carnivals, fairs, boardwalks, any place where they have food, games, rides, I'll be there.
Since my heart surgery, I can't go on the big coasters or any big gravity-defying rides anymore. No problem, I had a good run with them in my younger days.
I do love carousels. Or merry-go-rounds. I can appreciate a lot of the horses are hand-carved, and many are over a hundred years old, so I love the craftsmanship involved. Plus some carousels still have their original calliopes, which is a rare thing in this digital age. And some carousels still have the hook where you try to reach out during your ride and try to grab the brass ring.
In olden times, grabbing the brass ring entitled you to a free ride. But just the fact that some still exist is a small wonder.

On this one carousel, before the ride started, I was advised, "Sir, you have to fasten your seat belt".

Yes, they have seat belts on carousels now. I can understand if I was still a toddler, but for a 49-year-old six-footer, whose feet would only be a few inches off the ground, I STILL NEED TO FASTEN A SEAT BELT BEFORE THE CAROUSEL STARTS? This isn't a roller coaster or some ride that could potentially induce whiplash. It's a carousel, for cryin' out loud!

What's the absolute worst that can happen on this ten m.p.h. ride? The horses might collide with each other? If they ever did, would the airbags go off?
Can someone please enlighten this ignorant old fart?

If this isn't eye-rolling material, I'd sure like to know what is.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Bruno Mars has come out with another new song, and -big shock- he sings about wanting to get his rocks off. Big froggin' surprise.

Oh, and this time, he's singing about Zendaya, which is . . . quite an age difference. Like, "Hey girl, now that you're of legal age, how 'bout letting me see you naked?"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So Bruno Mars has come out with another new song, and -big shock- he sings about wanting to get his rocks off. Big froggin' surprise.

Oh, and this time, he's singing about Zendaya, which is . . . quite an age difference. Like, "Hey girl, now that you're of legal age, how 'bout letting me see you naked?"
I hate to be that guy but, I really miss his old music, back when he was more innocent and played the ukelele, or even his more 70s sounding music a few years ago when he first sprouted the afro. Anytime before he started the whole ''pimp'' persona. Still though, you gotta admire him, he's got more talent and charisma in his left toe than I do in my whole right hand. Not to mention, he used to be dirt-poor, so it's nice to see him not only become a huge hit, but stay on top after major changes to his style and tone of music.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think the last Bruno Mars song I listened to was "Locked out of Heaven."

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
How bad my mom is with her phone, like more than in the realm of me having to be her personal IT person. She labels everyone incorrectly and because she was begging and pleading for me to add music to her iTunes, I hung up a call that she'd told me originally 'unimportant' and, due to the label on it, I figured it was one of her fairweather friends (only friends she has at all) so, I paid it no mind when she screamed at me for hanging up and claimed it's 'an important caller' when she clearly said the opposite not even 20 mins before -_-

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Noticing that three (obvious autistic) users pretty much copied my old YouTube username for their channels (they even copied some video titles/descriptions from a few Sesame Street videos @Oscarfan uploaded).

Not that it bothers me - I just laughed at it, then rolled my eyes because I can tell they're a bunch of kids probably not even in their double digits yet that have parents who rely on technology to be the "parent."