1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Made You Roll Your Eyes Today Thread?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 18, 2011.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I don’t want to say, sorry.

3. LittleJerry92

Understandable.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

DWTS is now touring . . . for some reason.

5. LittleJerry92

The fact that stupid rumors of Samus Aran from the Metroid Games being transgender is floating around again. :rolleyes:

At this point, I'm just convinced it's trolls trying to start ****.

6. D'Snowth

I'm having to do a last-minute rewrite of the new Christmas sketch I'm filming with Steve D'Monster and Ella the Elf, because apparently it's sexist (even though I think it's topical).

7. LittleJerry92

What's so sexist about it?

8. D'Snowth

Ella makes a remark about being a woman in the workforce, implying it's one of the reasons why she's always under so much pressure and not your typical jolly and saccharine Christmas elf.

9. LittleJerry92

10. LittleJerry92

My blood pressure rose after all the unhealthy Thanksgiving food. :rolleyes:

Also didn't help that I had to finish off the pumpkin pie my mom bought because of my brother having to get his wisdom teeth taken out (I had a pretty big *** slice last night).

Well, at least eating healthy again will bring it back down.

11. MikaelaMuppet

Had to start all over again in a music game I've been playing for a long time because I kept losing at a certain level.

Lost all of the hard earned progress as well.

:rolleyes:

12. LittleJerry92

Did you save your game?

13. MikaelaMuppet

It did get saved at first but then once I finished a certain level, the old restore was all gone.

14. LittleJerry92

Sounds like your game just got corrupted.

Bummer.

15. MikaelaMuppet

It is a bummer, but I'll live.

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound sexist to me. Seems pretty realistic. :skeptical:

17. D'Snowth

That's exactly what I thought! I mean, it's not like she blatantly and bluntly cries sexism in the workplace, it's more of a passing comment, but it still acknowledges that even today, women in the workplace are often still under a lot of pressure in comparison to their male coworkers. I even point out in her backstory that she's the first female to hold the position of Head Elf In Charge Of Stuff at Santa's Workshop. Injecting a bit of topical humor seems to always work well in Steve-related material in any context, so I figured what the heck, I'd throw in a little something like this.

But I guess not. *Shrug*

18. Pig's Laundry

I'm confused, who was it that even complained? Sounds like one of those people that gets mad simply because someone mentions that sexism or racism exists.

19. D'Snowth

My assistant, and her puppeteer, which does actually make me wonder if maybe this is something like a double-standard. Like, is a comment like that, which clearly seems to have no effect on guys like you, me, or Alex, actually insensitive to women because of its context?

Granted, I don't understand women, I really don't. It brings to mind what I've always said, like how women can be as critical as they want to of men's appearances, but men say anything about a woman's appearance that's perceived as negative or critical, and it's a night on the couch and big chills until they apologize.

Either way, if either of them can come up with a "better" line, then we'll just go along with that.

20. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, I guess that's probably it.