What made you think today?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing that I think I can appreciate looking back on things as far as bullying goes, I think its that we all seem to mesh bullies and wise guys together when we're kids.

Bullies are one thing, admittedly. Wise guys are worse. They're slippery little chickencraps you'd love to pound on, but can't because they're too darn slippery or are the friends of actual bullies. I think I've known more wise guys that made my life a living he** than straight up bullies. Kids that think they're Bart Simpson but come off as sociopathic as Eric Cartman. Know how I'm always harping on right wing/far right commentators? They all freaking remind me of every one of these slimy toads I knew in my life. Right down to the puppy dog eyes and crocodile tears when they're called out on their actions. Some even look like those kids grown up! I wouldn't doubt for a minute they were those kinds of kids.

Yeah, bullies are a result of Social Darwinism and at least grow up in most cases, but wise guys are sentient filth. Throwing other kids under the bus for a cheap laugh doesn't make you the Class Clown, it makes you an [butt] Clown.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Had an awesome day, hung out with a friend!

Got home and, of course, my family had had a huge fight and now weren't speaking. I swear, they are the most fortunate people in the world, and yet the most miserable. Grateful for nothing in their lives, what a waste. I pray to learn from them, by being nothing like them, lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Had an awesome day, hung out with a friend!

Got home and, of course, my family had had a huge fight and now weren't speaking. I swear, they are the most fortunate people in the world, and yet the most miserable. Grateful for nothing in their lives, what a waste. I pray to learn from them, by being nothing like them, lol.
Parents can have a profound influence, when you see the wrong turns they make. My dad was an alcoholic, and from the age of nineteen on I vowed NEVER to be like him, seeing how he ruined his life.
It is sad. People that make a ton of money, have a good job (let alone A job!) good health, all the material trappings of this world, and still feel miserable and empty.
It could be attributed to not having God in one's life, but that's tomorrow's sermon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Knowing that so many Muppets are museum pieces now, including the original Green Grover (otherwise known as Mr. Fuzzyface) and the original shapeless Cookie Monster has got me to thinking of how even way back in 1969, Caroll thought the original Orange Oscar would end up in a museum one day had Jim not ripped it to shreds.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize how much I wanted to see it until just now. It would've been amazing to see the original version of such an important character in person. I wonder whatever happened to the original Big Bird puppet, that would be cool to see, although i'm guessing they used the same puppet for years and just made minor adjustments over time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At the Henson exhibit back in 2009, I was amazed they had some older pre-Sesame Muppets, and how well-preserved they were.
During the course of shooting Sesame, Jim sometimes would drop Ernie or kick him out of the way. Carroll was horrified Jim would treat his puppets that way, but to Jim they were just tools.
Maybe he treated Kermit better.
Somebody did a really good job of protecting the Muppets on display. (My favorite was seeing Gobo behind glass). And out of respect for these creations, and to extend their life, no flash photography. Like the Constitution, Gobo should still be here for another hundred years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's an interesting acting challenge. What do you do when:

A. You actively hate the character you're playing. I mean like as a human being you hate her and feel humiliated having to play her.

B. You try not to think about the play at all when you're not rehearsing.

C. You've had two dreams where you were kicked out and you weren't that upset, lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sounds like an episode of the Brady Bunch with Peter having to play Benedict Arnold. (In the Brady universe, Arnold was worse than Judas, Hitler, and bin Laden combined). In the end, he sucked it up and played the role.

In 6th grade Sunday School, we put on our version of the Passion Play. I was cast as Pontious Pilate, and I sentenced Jesus to death.
We didn't actually crucify the kid who played Jesus. I put a crown of thorns (plastic flowers) on his head and led him away.

But here's where it gets screwed up. I'm the bad guy, I hand our savior his death sentence, and a few kids in the audience are cheering ME!!!
In some people's minds, being bad is more fun than being good.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Why is it some people are deathly afraid of clowns (not just shy away from them, but having such a deep pathological fear of them),

but zombies are okay?