1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Made you Think Today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by CaseytheMuppet, Oct 30, 2012.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing!

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Cyberchase is still on? I completely forgot about the show until now.

3. LittleJerry92

This is one thing i’ve been thinking of recently.

The truth is...... we’re all hypocrites in some ways, and we don’t even realize it until someone points it out. Even I won’t deny i’ve had my hypocritical moments.

newsmanfan likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I posted about this a while back, about how I call people out on laziness for one reason or another (i.e. shopping online instead of going to a store, or streaming instead of watching DVDs, etc.), when I'm guilty of some of the same stuff . . . like eating Pop-Tarts raw because I'm too lazy to stick in the toaster for one.

newsmanfan and LittleJerry92 like this.
  5. LittleJerry92

Dude, raw pop tarts with something to wash it down was practically breakfast for me in college.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, my dad got Pop-Tarts when he went shopping this past week and I love them raw myself.

7. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Pop-Tarts are honestly better raw imo.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

They really are.

9. D'Snowth

Here's a #FirstWorldProblem: Pop-Tarts with too little frosting on top.

It's ironic, because they were actually plastering on the boxes a while back: "Now with more frosting!"

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  10. LittleJerry92

That's why I prefer toaster strudel.

11. D'Snowth

Ehh . . . not really a fan of flaky pastry.

12. LittleJerry92

To each his own.

Just love the icing and the flakiness and how the filling is just so sugary and good.

I always love getting the cinnamon flavored one; feels like you're eating a flaky cinnamon roll.

13. D'Snowth

So when comedian Jordan Peele does darker, edgier, and more dramatic stuff, everybody's all on board and loving it, but when I try to do darker, edgier, or more dramatic stuff, everybody's all "meh, whatever."

newsmanfan likes this.
  14. LittleJerry92

Simple.

It’s because YoU’rE nOt A cElEbRiTy.

newsmanfan likes this.
  15. Cookie3001

Cookie3001 Well-Known Member

I now have a theory about Herbert Birdsfoot from Sesame Street. We all know that he was just pulled of the show so they could bring back Kermit :) but a few days ago I was scrolling through Muppet Wiki and found this picture
    [​IMG]
    In the photo Hebert is presenting a ring to a female Pumpkin AM. So it looks like he is proposing to this Muppet. This illustration was featured in Sesame Street Magazine just a little while after he was pulled from the show:concern:. So now I have a theory that he got married to this Muppet and moved away from Sesame Street

newsmanfan and BertFan like this.
  16. D'Snowth

Back when Disney used to do those DTV specials . . . when you think about it, they were doing AMVs before YouTube made it cool. :p

17. D'Snowth

I think I know what another main problem is with cartoons today: they're too fast-paced, everything happens so quickly that you barely have enough time to really process what's happening. Granted, I'm sure the writers are pressured to squeeze as much as they can into what little running time they have (I can attest to that), but maybe, maybe this is one reason why kids today have such short attention spans.

18. LittleJerry92

Well, once upon a time, cartoons back in the 90’s also had an 11 minute time running.

19. D'Snowth

And even some were the A-B-A format, where each segment was only 7 minutes, but somehow, their pacing wasn't so rapid-fire and quick-cut that you couldn't process what was going on; nowadays, an 11-minute cartoon almost feels like a rushed Abbott & Costello routine, like "Who's On First."

20. LittleJerry92

You know what made me think today?

Just the fact that pretty much I wasted my time going to college to get two degrees in digital media productions and I probably have no chances anymore to continue building it.

Sorry for sounding negative but I’m just upset with myself tonight.