What makes a sequal good!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
5) Rests on the laurels of the first one (Disney Rehashes... any great Disney Movie with a II behind it (Except Toy Story))
It's not only Disney rehashes. Don Bluth's studios has a habit of doing that too. Let's see... American Tail spawned three sequels, the first of which was passed off as a dream in the second. Land Before Time has spawned...I think the count is eight? sequels. And then there are the lucky films that only got off with one sequel - All Dogs Go to Heaven, Balto and Secret of NIMH.

I'll leave before I start ranting about that last one, except to say I've read fanfiction sequels written better than that.

-Kim

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I never even watched those.....the land before time 543 scared me off from the rest

Drtooth

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
All Dogs Go to Heaven
They did have a cartoon series and a direct to video Christmas special... it wasn't bad, but at least it was good for a few laughs...

But What sequals I really hate are ones of movies that should never have been made in the first place (I.e. Charlie's Angel's, 2 Fast 2 Furious [2 Rediculous] and Air Bud)

Actually, the last one especially. How many &*^% sports can a real live dog play? And how many times can he out smart the overly cartoony "criminals" with the help of 2 nondiscript kids before they'll put this dog down?

How many are they up to now? 5?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
{One night in the office of the Disney's derect-to-video offices/mens room stalls}

Are there any more sports we can make the %#$@ dog do?

How about he have him enter Daytona?

Good enough!

But the dog wouldn't e able to hold the stearing wheel. It just makes no sence what so ever.

You're fired.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Coming soon

Air Bud 31: Jailai Pup

During a game of Jailai, a bunch of cartoony nondiscript robbers (one is fat, one is thin and slightly smarter) try to steal the painting of a bowl of fruit that was rumored to be worth something. WIth the help of 2 non discript kids (a little boy and an older girl) they cause more in property damage than the painting is worth, while the crooks slip in mud, poop, and various other "Icky" things...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Let's see... American Tail spawned three sequels, the first of which was passed off as a dream in the second.
Are you serious??? That's really weird. And American Tail II was actually a decent sequel, too! Yay for Jimmy Stewart... Land Before Time is way out of control with the sequels. It doesn't seem like too many animated movies can get away without at least one sequel these days...
Erin

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
It doesn't seem like too many animated movies can get away without at least one sequel these days...
South Park 2; Worse then the First

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Are you serious??? That's really weird. And American Tail II was actually a decent sequel, too! Yay for Jimmy Stewart... Land Before Time is way out of control with the sequels. It doesn't seem like too many animated movies can get away without at least one sequel these days...
Erin

With the exception of Powerpuff girls and Hey Arnold, which both Tanked at the box office....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! It's a kid's movie! If it doesn't have at least 5 poopoo gags, it won't make it to main stream!

Sad sad commentary on the American public :concern: :concern: :concern: