What Miss Piggy should MR design?

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
I vote Pig Roast!

The newest rendition of the Porkchop Princess is the best.:sing: But if at all possible - Hold the swine until it's time. no line killers now please.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Piggy had a brief bit on Bruce Forsythe's birthday TV special on BBC1 in the UK over the weekend and I must say, the new Piggy puppet looks so much better than the one they were using on other recent appearances. Even her hair seems to resemble how it looked during The Muppet Show years.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Great Muppet Caper and towards the end of the Muppet show is my favorite Miss Piggy also. That's what I'd like to see her look like.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
As long as she isn't too pale and her hair isn't straight or short (or bleached blonde), I'll be happy.

Fozzie6

Reaction score
The newest rendition of the Porkchop Princess is the best.:sing: But if at all possible - Hold the swine until it's time. no line killers now please.
I agree with this statement, I think most casual Muppet fans don't care much for Piggy...myself included. I think Beaker and the Swedish Chef are much more popular among casual fans, but that's just my opinion. I personally would never buy a Piggy.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Um...

Supercali... your statement seems rather naive. Miss Piggy is beloved by casual muppet fans as well as the hardcores.

Frogboy - I like your picks and agree in both categories.

Oooh, I think you misunderstood me :embarrassed: I was talking about my particular distaste for the Barbie-like cartoon representation the Henson Company put out of Piggy in merchandise under their control. I'm a classic Piggy guy, although I do like some of the new Piggys. I still much prefer her in the early 80s. Here's a picture illustrating the Piggys I like and don't. For better or worse we're stuck with the "bunny ears" on Piggy. I like them folded more on the top, but she hasn't appeared that way for so long that I doubt she will again.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Amen!

Amen uppitymuppity, AMEN! She is my favorite and CAN NOT wait to have my Piggy Poser!:smile: :mad:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Supercali... your statement seems rather naive. Miss Piggy is beloved by casual muppet fans as well as the hardcores.

I beg to differ and can back with financials - There ain't no good time for the Swine other than breakfast and easter.

Personally - I would rather have Link over Piggy - and Floyd over both of 'em:sing:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It is true that Piggy memorabilia (unless you are talking calendars of course) sells very poorly in comparison to Kermit, Animal, Gonzo and the other main characters. I'm not sure if that trend will continue with a line like this tho. As long as the MR Piggy is authentic looking and has many of her original qualities, I can see it being quite a big seller. Also, price will play a big part on the success of this one. People will quite happily fork out more for the Fozzie replica than the Piggy one I would have thought.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Well, I don't know the financials but, you have to admit she is a central character and to leave her out of this lineup would be insane. Mistersuperstar is right - this is different than cheap toys on any toystore shelf. Different market.

Also, i'd do Rowlf before Floyd and Link. Wasn't Rowlf the first true star of the muppets? I mean, he & Kermit are the embodiment of Jim Henson in my opinion.:sympathy::smile:

I beg to differ and can back with financials - There ain't no good time for the Swine other than breakfast and easter.

Personally - I would rather have Link over Piggy - and Floyd over both of 'em:sing: