What Movie are you Currently Watching?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I just watched for the first time today Transformers and I have to say it's pretty bad. It's just like all of Michael Bays other films, lot's of special effects, little characterization, very loud, lots of explosions, and horrible dialog.

2 out of 4 stars

If you've seen one Michael Bay film, you've seen them all.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Limelight
I had never seen this movie before, but I must say, it's now my favorite Chaplin movie.. is it sacrelidge to choose as your favorite Charlie Chaplin movie the non-comedy? :stick_out_tongue: .. anyway, it's pretty awesome

anytimepally

Reaction score
Nope, not at all! My favorite Chaplin film is Monsieur Verdoux, which is a black comedy spiked with drama.

Limelight is a great film, too. I enjoyed the "flea circus" sequence, and Buster Keaton's appearance (which was longer before Chaplin cut it down).
Monsieur Verdoux was my previous favorite.. black comedy is very much my style! .. there's something about Limelight, though.. it has so much heart and urgency, the pacing is perfect, and much like The Great Dictator, poinancy and humanity are always there, but unlike The Great Dictator, those qualities never go over-the-top, become too preachy, or get overshadowed by physical comedy... but maybe I just like it so much because it's new.. I'll have to watch Monsieur Verdoux again soon and reappraise! :insatiable:

I love this line: "There's something about working the streets I like... It's the tramp in me I suppose." :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Producers

As much as I like Nathan Lane, it's really not that great of a movie. The music isn't terribly catchy, and the plot moves incredibly fast, but it was okay I guess. I'm watching Rent next.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm watching "I Love Lucy" because I love this show! Over 50 years old and the show is still funny. I'm watching the episode where Lucy gets a maid because Lucy needs more help with taking care of the apartment and new baby she just had.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Sorry to get off subject, but just wanted to ask something rather than start another thread for one question. I'm interested in reading the "Akira" manga, but due to the film being rated R I'd like to find out more about it before reading it. Is the manga as explicit as the film?