What Movies You Hate But Everyone Else Likes

robodog

Reaction score
I've never been able to understand why Scrappy gets all the hate he gets. There are tons of cartoon characters that are much worse than him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've never been able to understand why Scrappy gets all the hate he gets. There are tons of cartoon characters that are much worse than him.
I blame those terrible shorts where he provokes a big muscular guy and Shaggy and Scooby spend the cartoon running from them. Those are terrible.

However, Scrappy is pretty funny in 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. You can thank future Animaniacs writers for that.

I personally hate the Scooby Doo movie, because it tried to be a spoof of the original and worst of all....making Scrappy-Doo (a character I personally like) the villain.
I think the second one is far superior and what the first movie should have been. More of a tribute to the show and less of a bad Brady Bunch movie style parody.

But talk about hating a film people like, I was the ONLY one in Yogi Bear that barely cracked a smile, and all the parents were yuckking it up! UGH! And I can't even blame Yogi and Boo-Boo since they at least got them right. At least with The Smurfs, Hank Azaria was having a freaking ball playing Gargamel. The dude that played Ranger Smith was just as bored being in the film as I was watching it.

I really should have waited the hour for the next Tangled to start.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
God help me....I might get crucified for this, but....I didn't like The Muppets.

Okay, hear me out!

As a film, it wasn't...horrible. It just didn't feel "Muppety" to me. It had a few cute scenes, and it was, of course, nice to see the Muppets make a new movie, but the songs were pretty forgettable, the human actors ranged from wooden to nauseatingly-cutesy, the story was pretty clichéd, most of the jokes fell flat, and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of the wackiness I expect from the Muppets. Most of the Muppets themselves didn't even do much of anything; they were just sort of....there. Also, I've heard people say that they felt like the movie was really emotionally manipulative, and... they're not wrong. The whole premise seemed to operated under the idea that the Muppets are some forgone entity about which very few people care anymore. Come on, the other Muppet movies (both before and after Jim's death), for all of their flaws, were much more subtle than this! Overall, it seemed more like a novice fanfiction than a movie.

But with that said, I'm glad I saw it once. ONCE.

Please don't kill me....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's see... Uh... the Muppets were no more "just there" than MCC. I mean, really, you could have done the whole thing without the Muppets and just the creature shop and it would have worked just as well... Kermit was fatally lobotomized in MFS (I know it was Gonzo's movie, but you'd think Kermit would have been a little more supportive instead of heck bent on painting the house).

And Muppet Wizard of Oz exists and is a thing.

Seriously. Muppet Wizard of Oz is a thing and people chose to complain about The Muppets. :rolleyes: And if it wasn't for the "novice fan fiction writers," the long time staff would have came up with something even worse than Muppet Wizard of Oz. At least a fresh perspective didn't leave us with another Pop Culture Joke laden movie where half the jokes are already dated that comes off cynical and blindly groping around for target audiences and in the end, losing the core fans.

To be fair, MFS was saved by the newer characters... not even Johnny Fiama could save Muppet Wizard of Oz. It's like the criticism I hear about Man of Steel. Oh, so you'd rather watch Superman 3? Like one of the worst films ever made? The Muppets was all about brand reintroduction. The second film can only be better and more Muppety.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Dark Knight Rises; Nolan said and did everything he wanted to with Batman in TDK. DKR was just Nolan going through the motions and cranking out the third movie the studio demanded of him. The whole "nuke the city" plot was so contrived and cliche it was sickening, and Bane wasn't half as interesting as Nolan's take on Joker, Two-face, or Scarecrow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Please understand this is kinda pent up, but...

Bombing the city is nothing more than serial escalation. Anything less than total destruction after the second movie would be completely anti-climactic. I mean, what else could you do. Scarecrow already poisoned the town, the Joker was a terrorist... only thing left to do is blow up the town. Cliche? How does a super villain not be cliche? Supervillains are all cliches. We have cliches because we'd be writing nonsense to avoid them. Even avoiding cliches has become cliche. I've absolutely grown to hate the term cliche, because it no longer means anything but "I want something original" when original cannot exist... again, Tropeless tale..

Nolan made a far better third Superhero movie than anyone before him. I kinda think Iron Man 3 is the slightly better third superhero movie, but again... it's not like the others were remotely watchable. Again, Superman 3. And on the subject, Batman and Robin. As long as you don't make anything as bad or worse than Batman and Robin, it's a great Batman film. Seems like people only like TDK. When people try to pick that one apart, everyone ignores it. You have to give credit for Nolan not making Batman and Robin.

Seriously... people just wanted a reason to hate the Nolan movies. We have a movie that essentially ties up loose ends from the first film, a RARE feat for a trilogy (even Star Wars's original Third movie was connected to the second one). I respect what Nolan did with that. In fact, it makes the best movie of the trilogy the filler arc! Harvey Dent was the only thing from the second film that held any weight with the plot, and not by much. The film trilogy was a narritive. I only see trilogies that are cash grabs or films that need only 2 movies. I love Back to the Future, but even I find the third one unnecessary.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Let's see... Uh... the Muppets were no more "just there" than MCC. I mean, really, you could have done the whole thing without the Muppets and just the creature shop and it would have worked just as well... Kermit was fatally lobotomized in MFS (I know it was Gonzo's movie, but you'd think Kermit would have been a little more supportive instead of heck bent on painting the house).

And Muppet Wizard of Oz exists and is a thing.

Seriously. Muppet Wizard of Oz is a thing and people chose to complain about The Muppets. :rolleyes: And if it wasn't for the "novice fan fiction writers," the long time staff would have came up with something even worse than Muppet Wizard of Oz. At least a fresh perspective didn't leave us with another Pop Culture Joke laden movie where half the jokes are already dated that comes off cynical and blindly groping around for target audiences and in the end, losing the core fans.

To be fair, MFS was saved by the newer characters... not even Johnny Fiama could save Muppet Wizard of Oz. It's like the criticism I hear about Man of Steel. Oh, so you'd rather watch Superman 3? Like one of the worst films ever made? The Muppets was all about brand reintroduction. The second film can only be better and more Muppety.
Excuse me for having an unpopular opinion....Although I kind of thought that's what this thread was for...and saying "it's better than Muppet wizard of oz" is hardly a defense...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Excuse me for having an unpopular opinion....Although I kind of thought that's what this thread was for...and saying "it's better than Muppet wizard of oz" is hardly a defense...
I agree. That's like trying to compare an already bad movie and make it worse or better by compring it to the other,but I thought The Muppets was the 2nd best Muppet Film in my opinion right next to The Muppet Movie.