1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Muppet performers are still alive?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Sgt Floyd, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I was wonderig if any of you guys knew, cause even my dad, the biggest fan on earth (not literally;) ) didnt know
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Here's who I can come up with off the top of my head...

Frank Oz
    Dave Goelz
    Jerry Nelson
    Steve Whitmire
    Carroll Spinney
    Fran Brill
    Martin P. Robinson
    Kevin Clash
    David Rudman
    Joey Mazzarino
    Carmen Osbahr
    Karen Prell
    Kathy Mullin
    Bill Baretta
    Brian Henson
    Eric Jacobson
    Terry Angus
    Noel MacNeal

The only major performers who have passed (that I know of) are Jim Henson and Richard Hunt.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Wow! Nice to see so many are still alive!:D
  4. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Louise Gold is still very much alive and high kicking!
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What's wrong with asking which Muppeteers are still living??
  6. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

John Henson did Sweetums in quite a few films
  7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

There isn't anything offensive or inappropriate about the question. It doesn't delve into anyone's personal affairs. I say, let the question be asked if someone is curious. It is perfectly valid. However, I am not a moderator. So, if Kevin or Phillip feel it is inappropriate, let them close the thread down.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't see anything offensive about this either. I mean sometimes I have to ask if some of my favorite people in the world are still living.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Why not? theres nothing wrong with this topic that I can see. Oh, and just an FYI, I'm only 13. I am not as knowlegable as you older peoples. So please, give me a break
  10. MGov

MGov New Member

I think the Muppeteers would be the best people to answer the question of whether they are still alive or not.
  11. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

I personally think a Muppeteer would love to see their name on the "alive" list. Of course, if they're not on there and they're reading, that's the problem. :o
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

All of these people, as far as I know are alive and kicking. However, my fellow Floyd fan, a few of them aren't performing anymore. Frank Oz is essentially retired, and Jerry Nelson only regularily performs for Sesame Street and not his muppet characters.
  13. Sgt Floyd

its ok:)
  14. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

Eren Ozker, who performed in the first season of TMS died in the early 90s