What Muppets scare us the most?

janicegroupie

Reaction score
As a child Guy Smiley would scare me so much. I have no idea why but he totally did. I still sometimes get this little feeling of fear when I see him. :eek: I am such a weirdo.

Frazzle

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
As a child Guy Smiley would scare me so much. I have no idea why but he totally did. I still sometimes get this little feeling of fear when I see him. !:eek: I am such a weirdo.
Guy Smiley was very loud & he moved around with startling, fast, jerking movements. That & his mouth would open so wide that it looked as if his head would separate at the jaw & fall off. Sonny Friendly unnerves me because he has teeth. It was almost as disturbing as the skit where Grover tries to sell Kermit a toothbrush, & Grover puts teeth in his mouth, so Kermit bites Grover's arm. I think some people out there are really uncomfortable with muppets that have teeth & I could see why! Sonny just looks kind of shady.
:frown:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
I was never afraid of any Muppet Show muppets, but my little brother used to be afraid of Janice when he was 3.
LOL!

I was so never afraid of Janice...

:flirt:

Frazzle

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
LOL!

I was so never afraid of Janice...

:flirt:
Gotta love Janice, Animal, Zoot, Floyd Pepper & the rest of the Electric Mayhem!:cool::flirt::halo::big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Placido Flamingo scared me the most when I was a toddler, especially when he and Ernie sung that song about Up and Down! At first, I thought Bruno was scary, but after a while I loved him and would call him "Bwuno!"

scarygeorge said:
When I was younger the Twin Beaks sketch freaked me out, it was sooo creepy, especially the double voices.
Wasn't that the Monster Piece Theater where Cookie Monster tries to figure out why the town was called Twin Beaks? Yeah, I only saw that sketch ONCE in my whole life and that was when I was about 2 or 3. Whatever happened to that one?

Another sketch that sorta freaked me out was the one where Sherlock Hemlock tried to call his mom before midnight to tell her happy birthday. I don't know why!

billyk

Reaction score
To Janice:

Me too. I was so scared of Guy Smiley as I've posted before in other topics.

Not really when he did game shows per se, but when he was Prince Charming and when he was in the movie theater with Ernie & Bert and says "Do You Mind??

I guess it might have been the change in voice that freaked me out. Maybe even the way his eyebrows would move down to make him look mad. Maybe because of his big head and mouth. I have no idea.

Today when I watch the movies skit, it may have been the freaky organ music that scared me along with watching him in the beginning opening his mouth slightly. I find the skit actually funny at some points. Mainly near the end where the older blue muppet who gets up and yells at Bert. His glasses totally fall off and are hanging off his ear. GS's voice I believe in that skit is played by Richard Hunt, where his PC voice is Frank Oz, and GS voice (in game shows) is Jim Henson.

The skit where he played PC in Sleeping Beauty freaked me out the most out of those PC skits. Where he kept getting closer and closer to the camera (ie. toward the princess). I haven't seen it in a long time so I don't know how I'd react to it as far as how funny it is. I know that the "Rapunzel" skit is a classic and would like to get it someday. PC gets so into himself he starts yelling at the princess and the frog (PLEASE FROG, DON'T DISTRUB ME!!!" - while he's doing his reciting to the princess).

Bottom Line: Guy Smiley/Prince Charming for me was the scariest muppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said before, Placido Flamingo scared me the most as a little kid. Other than that, no muppet has ever scared me (except the exception where Beaker activated the alarm system at the Malory Gallery and his eyes started glowing and smoke began to come out his ears.) There's only ONE non-Sesame muppet that scares me...and that's Bozark from Animal Jam. He doesn't look like a muppet elephant, and his quick, big, and jerky dance moves don't seem very muppety. As a matter of fact, none of the muppets on Animal Jam seem muppety.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
scaredd..

something that makes me uneasy to this day, is from the opening or closing credits of the 80s episodes, where barkley would walk behind a tree and not come out the other side......"shudders"
:embarrassed:

BlueAM

Reaction score
LOTS of stuff scared me as a kid.

SS:
Placido Flamingo (like most of you guys)

The Martians ("Yiiiip yip-yip-yip!")

Humpty Dumpty

Cookie Disco (sung by Cookie Monster and the Girls, of course!)

The Count Counts Flowers (I didn't like the way he sneezed in that skit)

Frazzle (I hated the sound he made)

The Word is No (I didn't like the giant MOUTH)

TMS:
ANY part of the Vincent Price episode

The scene in the Tony Randall episode when Tony says different spells and strange things happen to Scooter

The Whatnot Monster giving his body parts to Miss Kitty while singing "All of Me" in the Paul Williams episode

Alice Cooper's musical numbers

Debbie Harry's musical numbers (I think)

BlueAM

dbarrie

Reaction score
There was this Ernie & Bert sketch that terrified me that featured a bird (not Big Bird) that suddenly started talking after being silent towards the end. Do you all know the sketch I'm referring to? That bird looked more like a yellow demon! It scared me so much that I cried and had to turn off the TV!