What musical should be Muppetised?

HPDJ

Reaction score
If they were to set a new Muppet film on a musical, what would it be? Here's a list to jog your memory! :sing: :sing: :sing:

1. Sound of Music
2. Oklahoma!
3. Annie
4. Oliver
5. Sweet Charity
5. State Fair
6. Calamity Jane
7. Carousel
8. The King and I
9. Grease
10. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (new!)
11. Mary Poppins (new!)

WHAT DO YOU WANT???

dpurves

Reaction score
Strangely enough, as soon as I saw the question, I immediately thought of Oklahoma. I just had an image of Kermit in a cowboy hat, and it worked for me.

An intriguing one could be Grease. Not a hundred percent sure it would work, but I could see Miss Piggy as Sandy. I'm a little less confident about Kermit as Danny, although I'm sure he could make it work. I guess Rizzo probably couldn't play Rizzo though.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Fiddler on the Roof gets my vote! Rowlf would make a perfect Tevye.

(or would that be Beaker on The Roof? :wink:)

-Kim

maxdrive

Reaction score
dpurves said:
Strangely enough, as soon as I saw the question, I immediately thought of Oklahoma. I just had an image of Kermit in a cowboy hat, and it worked for me.

An intriguing one could be Grease. Not a hundred percent sure it would work, but I could see Miss Piggy as Sandy. I'm a little less confident about Kermit as Danny, although I'm sure he could make it work. I guess Rizzo probably couldn't play Rizzo though.
I think Rizzo could be Rizzo complain under his breath that he is playing a girl through out the whole thing.

blackurth

Reaction score

jesus christ superstar

miss piggy-mary magdeline
kermit-jesus
gonzo-judas
scooter-peter
and electric mayhem as kiaphus and the pharasees

EM-"must die must die this kermit must die"

PIGGY-"I've had many frogs before in very many ways"

GONZO-"Kermiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i started to believe the things they say of you ,you really believe this talk of frogs is truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue"

KERMIT-"Gonzo must you betray me with a kiss"

SCOOTER-"you got the wrong muppet ,mister, I don't know him"

p.s.I'm not trying to be blaphemes I just thought this was funny.....

dpurves

Reaction score
blackurth said:
jesus christ superstar

miss piggy-mary magdeline
kermit-jesus
gonzo-judas
scooter-peter
and electric mayhem as kiaphus and the pharasees
For that matter, I could also picture a Muppet Godspell, again with Kermit as Jesus. It's amazing how easily he just seems to fit into that role.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
My high school Just did "How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying". That would be pretty funny if done by the Muppets.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've just done Les Mis, and while backstage waiting for the ultra-dull barricade scene to end, I sat doodling in my journal and made a Muppet Les Mis cast list

Valjean- Fozzie (ugh, imagine it)
Javert- Sam Eagle
Marius- Kermit
Eponine- Annie Sue
Cosette- Piggy
Thenardier brothers- Statler and Waldorf
Fantine- Janice [and perhaps instead of, cough, Lovely Ladies she could be joining a band]
Enjolras- Gonzo
Bamabatois- Pepe
Gavroche- Bean Bunny

Also, Chef could work in Thenardier's inn, and Pepe could be one of Fantine's, cough, customers; and Animal could run around on the barricade; Scooter could be one of the helpful students. Ooh, t'would be fab!

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Into the Woods

I've been trying to come up with a cast list but it's hard since there are so many female roles and not enough female muppets. I think we'd have to resign to having some human actors.

Narraitor: Sam Eagle
Cinderella: Janice
Jack: Robin
The Baker: Kermit
Baker's Wife: Piggy
Stepmother:???
Stepsisters: Belinda and Petina
Jack's Mother:???
Little Red Ridinghood: Prarrie Dawn (or if we can't use SS characters Mary Louise)
The Witch: Bernadette Peters (she originated the role on Broadway and is a friend of the Muppets so it works out great)
Cinderella's Father: Scooter
Cinderella's Mother:The Ghost of Chirstmas Past
Mysterious Man: Gonzo
Wolf: Big Mamma (why not just use the big bad wolf muppet? So we can actually show it when the wolf eats Little Red Ridinghood)
Rapunzel: Annie Sue
Rapunzel's Prince: Fozzie
Red's Grandmother: Hilda
Cinderella's Prince: Link
Prince's Steward: Rizzo
The Giantess: Ma Gorg (okay maybe not)

chicagogonzo

Reaction score
Pippin:

Pippin- Scooter
Catherine- Prairie Dawn
Theo- Robin
Charlamagne- Pa Gorg
Fastrada- Piggy
Lewis- Link
Berthe- Trash Heap
Leading Player- Dr. Teeth/ Rowlf (I have a really hard time assigning this role. Although Dr. Teeth fits better into the role of evil/ yet seemingly helpful puppetmaster, I just think that Rowlf has more of the Ben Vereen cool. Still, I have trouble picturing Rowlf as evil.)

Players- Electric Mayhem, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, Monsters