1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What non-Muppet Show Jim Henson characters could you see sing a version of "The Rainbow Connection"?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by GSmiley2007, Dec 23, 2013.

1. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

Here's my list:

1.) The Fraggles
    2.) The Pajanimals
    3.) Sid the Science Kid and friends
    4.) Dinosaur Train cast
    5.) Bear and his friends from the Big Blue House
    6.) Puppet Up! puppets
    7.) Wilson and Ditch
    8.) Bobby and Samson
    9.) Augie and Del
    10.) Late Night Liars puppets

That's about all I can come up with. Your ideas? (BTW, I'd love it if the puppeteers and voices of the characters mentioned could actually sing this song...)

2. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

I think it would be highly amusing and very cringey to watch the crew of moya from Farscape sing it with maybe Scopius and some Scarrens humming in the background.

GSmiley2007 likes this.
  3. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

I agree to that!

BTW, I wonder if anyone asked the Muppeteers themselves about singing that particular song as the character I described? (I can definitely see Gobo and his uncle Traveling Matt singing this as a duet, or Sweetpea Sue singing it herself.)

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

1. Wilson and Ditch

2. Sid the Science Kid

3. Bear and the Big Blue House

4. Sesame Street

5. Fraggle Rock

Twisted Tails and GSmiley2007 like this.
  5. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

No offense fans, but anybody but Sid the Science Kid...they'd only analyze rainbows....

6. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

*falls on the floor laughing too hard* Yeah, I guess they would, wouldn't they? :)

ElizaSchuyler and Dominicboo1 like this.
  7. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I'd like it if the Fraggles would sing that song as well as Emmet Otter, his Ma and his friends from the jug-band sing it, too, in memory of Emmet's pa.

GSmiley2007 and Twisted Tails like this.
  8. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

And as I pointed out earlier, I think the Pajanimals could easily do a great cover of this song... especially in Sweetpea Sue's case. Given how well she sings, especially on a certain lullaby of theirs that has roughly two million views on YouTube...

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  9. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I just thought about this, what if all the characters from The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss sang this song? I think it'd be interesting, maybe even sing it as a tribute to both Jim Henson and Dr. Seuss. Just a thought.

GSmiley2007 likes this.
  10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

There is an odd bit character in The Hoobs (not one of the main ones), I don't know what the character is called there, but it is a minor one, and well if you know the character I mean you will know why I can see that one singing this song.

11. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Maybe, somewhere in The Jim Henson Hour, they could've done a sort of high-tech remix version of " The Rainbow Connection." Besides that, I could seriously see Big Bird starting out on the first verse of it, then all the humans and Muppets, and everybody on the Street just joining in as the song goes on.

12. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

For some reason, all I can think of is Kermit going back to the Fraggle hole (from A Muppet Family Christmas) and teaching Gobo how to play it on Gobo's guitar. Pretty weird. And I apologize for being up Kermit, because he's a Muppet. :o

13. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

Roma, maybe?

(And apologies for bumping this thread.)

14. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

It was a character with an Orange body and green hair

15. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

What about Emmett Otter?

GSmiley2007 likes this.
  16. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Didn't they make a Rainbow Connection remix for the MFS soundtrack?