What puns did Harvey Kneeslapper make?

ssetta

Reaction score
He did one for the number 3. It went like this:

He said to a blue AM, "3 sticks." And then he said "3 sticks where?" And then Harvey told him to look down on the floor, and then slapped a '3' on the AM's head, and said, "3 sticks right here!" And he laughed like he usually did.

DTF

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Here's the one for A:

Harvey: 'Scuze me. D'ya have an A on ya?
AM: What say?
Harvey: I say, D'ya have an A on ya?
AM: No.
Harvey: (slapps A on AM's sweater) Well, now ya do! Heeheehee!
(AM runs off)

You see, when asking someone if they have anything, one can say "do you have any on you." If I needed a pen for instance, I might ask, "Do you have a pen on you so I can et "x''s autograph."

Well, there are 2 meaning for that phrase,t he slang one, not used a lot anymore, and the real one of having one actually sticking on your. The Anything Muppet answers that he does not have one on him, meaning he cannot lend Harvey one. However, Harvey responds by taking the second meaning of the muppet having one stuck on him, and so when he sticks one on him, he says "now you do."

I feel bad, you were probbly trying to think of that all throught he holidays :smile: Kind of like when I tried to think of the word for a piece of music that has no words for a couple weeks and couldn't in about 6th grade once. Then when my friend and his sister are talking in his house & she says the word "instrumental" I blurt out "That's it, I've been trying to think of that word for 2 weeks!" So, you're not alone.

Beauregard

Reaction score
What's the slang meaning of A then?

Or, was it meant to be "Do you have any on you?"

In that case wouldn't it be: "Do you have an E on you?"

Unless...does Harvey have a funny accent? That would make "Any" sound like "An A?"

Sorry to be so confused over something so simple...

DTF

Reaction score
The accent thing is quite possible, though I don't recall his speech. Remember he starts off saying "D'ya" instead of "do you." So saying "Do you have any on you" could sound like "d'ya have an a on ya?" Try to say "Do you have any on you" with a thick accept and I think you'll see it can come out like that, or at least sounding close enough.

However, it can also be...look, say I've got letters of the alphabet for Cookie Monser to autograph. (Once we convince himthey're not cookies.) And, pretend you'd like his autograph, too. But, wouldn't you know it, you don't have any letters with you. So you see I have an extra letter - just like if we both liked baseball and I have an extra scorecard for a player to sign.

So, you really want one of my letters and you ask "Do you have a letter on you? I need to get Cookie Monster to sign one." I give you a letter - the letter A.

Okay, so let's change this around a little. You are Harvey, and I am an Anything Muppet. (I know, sounds funny, but I have said weirder sentences than "I'm an anything Muppet" while working w/kids.)

So, int he above scenario, you - as Harvey - ask me if I have a letter on me. In the scene, we don't know *why* you want a letter from me, you just do.

Then, when I say no, you have an A on you, so you put it on me. You asked me if I had one on me, and when i didn't have an A on me, you put one on me.

That's about as clear as mud :smile: but it's the best I can do right now.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
AM: That pogo stick sure looks fun!
Harvey: It is! You wanna try it?
AM: Sure, I'd love to.
Harvey: (slaps a 2 on AM's chest) HAHAHAHAHA!!
Q: Why didn’t Harvey play this joke on anyone else?

A: He had only one 2.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I did bring back this old thread for a reason. I enjoyed reading it and felt like I had to something to add to it—something that someone else might enjoy reading.

superboober

Reaction score
The one I remember most is when he asked the anything Muppet (may have been Fat Blue) if he could keep an "I" on his hat, and then once he got approval, dropped the oversized I onto the hat, crushing it.