What Season was "IF" performed on TMS?

michmak

Reaction score
It's one of my all-time favorite Muppet segments, and it was performed by a special guest with his own puppets. There might have been two special guests for it, I can't remember - all I remember about it is it made me cry at the end, when the stars all blinked out and the two 'lovers' flew away together. I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait before I can buy it.

David French

Reaction score
michmak said:
It's one of my all-time favorite Muppet segments, and it was performed by a special guest with his own puppets. There might have been two special guests for it, I can't remember - all I remember about it is it made me cry at the end, when the stars all blinked out and the two 'lovers' flew away together. I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait before I can buy it.
It appeared in the Cleo Laine episode. The episode featured guest Puppeteer Bruce Schwartz.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
And it was the closing number. Picture on this page: http://www.muppetcentral.com/guides/episodes/tms/season2/40_laine.shtml

It's one of my favorites, too- quite possibly the most beautiful number ever done on TMS. The song was originally done by the folk group Bread, and was also covered by Tom Jones. I hope to write an arrangement of it for barbershop harmony eventually.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole