What Sesame Street moments made you laugh?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Wow. This thread seems to have taken on a life of its own. Sorry I randomly poofed for a year. I forgot my login. Anyway, Doo Wop Hop was another favorite moment of mine. Thanks for the clip, Jazzy. I don't know if I liked it because it was funny or if I just liked the song.

Anyway, I thought of a few more skits that made me laugh. I don't know if there was ever a thread for favorite/most funny Ernie and Bert skits but I've noticed that pretty much all of them make me laugh.

-Kermit explaining beginning, middle, and end. I believe he had a cookbook and who should turn up but Cookie Monster. I thought it was funny when he said, "son of gun" while listening to Kermit talk about what recipes are in the beginning, middle, and end of the book.

-Kermit talking about Light and Dark but Grover comes in and ruins it by letting light into the house after Kermit tried to make it dark. I believe that was the first time Steve Whitmire took over as Kermit.

-Kermit explaining In and Out and getting trampled by the monsters. I honestly don't know why I found Kermit getting trampled so funny.

-Whenever Grover tries to sell something to Kermit he doesn't need like a nose warmer.

-Ernie singing the "Ding Along Song" because of the end where Bert makes the dingers go away then ends up singing the song.

-Ernie and Bert's rhyming game ("hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!")

-when Bert is sick and Ernie is trying to figure out who it is but doesn't realize its Bert.

-Ernie is supposed to be doing the laundry and he fills the laundry basket with all kinds of junk but didn't put any actual laundry in it.
You're welcome BertsNose.

BertsNose

Reaction score
I imagine that there might be some people here who have heard of "This Way to Sesame Street". It looks like something that aired before the show was to air for the first time. Anyway, I thought this clip was really funny with Ernie holding up the credits:

More funny moments:

-Cookie Monster playing Prairie Dawn's senses game

-Oscar's grouch bus stop in Kermit's house (I wish there had been more sketches with Kermit and Oscar. I feel like they could've had so much hilarious potential.)

-Prairie Dawn's lecture on eyes, ears, and nose (and Cookie Monster giving cookie as the answer for everything)

-Prairie Dawn directing Grover in "Singing in the Rain" ("get out of my seat!!")

-When Cookie Monster was playing Alistar and the feature was the 39 stairs (I don't know why I found Grover sliding down the stairs hilarious)

-Gone with the Wind on Monsterpiece theater (Kermit: Frankly, my dear, I haven't got the froggiest..)

-Grover selling weather to Kermit ("I want you outta here and stop wreckin my place. haha. Kermit sounded southern on that line.")

-I can't find this sketch anywhere but it was Prairie Dawn playing the piano and I think Elmo was playing the violin. They were trying to play Bach's "Minuet in G" and I think Elmo was either playing it too fast or too slow.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
-I can't find this sketch anywhere but it was Prairie Dawn playing the piano and I think Elmo was playing the violin. They were trying to play Bach's "Minuet in G" and I think Elmo was either playing it too fast or too slow.
I just watched that particular insert the other day on a Play With Me Sesame episode via Netflix! Yes, it was super entertaining (especially when Elmo mumbled something along the lines of Itzhak Perlman not having to deal with Prairie's demands)!

Anyways...there are a lot of SS moments that have made me laugh over the years. If any come to mind, I'll post about them on here. But for right now, here's one in particular that's shown in one of the Season 10 episodes that got unveiled earlier this summer. (Frank at his finest!)

Bert fan

Reaction score
I love the ernie and Bert sketch from season 7 when ernie:stick_out_tongue: leaves his skate on the floor after Bert :frown:reminded him and then Bert trips on it its hilarious

Luke kun

Reaction score
I recently rediscovered Pöpcørn and let's just say it still makes me laugh out loud :hungry: