1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What should I do with the Muppet Movement

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by dwayne1115, Jun 19, 2017.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

So I have this Facebbok page that has almost 200 followers. The original plan for the page was to unite Muppet fans to help get seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show released. That plan has really fallen through, but I feel like the page could still be used. Any ideas or suggestions?

MikaelaMuppet and Muppet Master like this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

How about gathering awareness/funds for Muppet Fest 2.0?

3. dwayne1115

Ahhh no no no..... That was attempted on here a few years ago, and turned out to be an epic disappointment for the members who tried getting it together. Thanks for the idea though.

4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Idk, maybe you could just post muppet quotes or trivia.

dwayne1115 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. dwayne1115

Well I've made an executive diccision about the Movement, and will be making a big announcement later today.

Muppet Master and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

*spits out coffee You had a meeting with the president?!?

dwayne1115 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. dwayne1115

After trying to figure out what to do with The Muppet Movement, and it's almost 200 followers I've finally come to a conclusion.
    We have three major fan base websites including this one, but sometimes but sometimes I get the feeling that the fans voice is not always heard, or even allowed to be heard.
    That is why today on the 38th Anniversary of The Muppet Movie being released in theaters, I've decided to start a new website. This site will not only be dedicated to the work of Jim Henson and the Muppets, but it will also be dedicated to all of the wonderful talents that so many Muppet fans have. Everyone will have a chance to have there content shared.
    Think of this new site like our own Muppet Show, where you can sing tell jokes show us your story telling skills, anything you want, as long at it is Henson or Muppet related.
    So please come and join us! The site is really in it's baby stages right now but I would love to see it grow. Here is the link:

themuppetmovement.wordpress.com

Come join us!

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Can some of the content be non Muppet related?

9. dwayne1115

As of right now no. The only non related Muppet content that would be allowed would be any past present or future productions from Henson that is not Muppet related.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

Bummer. :(

11. Pig's Laundry

Wow, this is a great idea! I love it. :)

12. dwayne1115

Well I'm sorry, but I honestly think thats where thing like The Muppetcast and things got side tracked. There is pleanty of Muppet/Henson things that are not talked about, and also some fans have some wonderful talents that don't get properly shared. This site is going to help them do that.

13. MikaelaMuppet

It's alright with me.

14. dwayne1115

Anyways, it was a good first day of the site,and thanks for everyone who took a look at it. It still needs a lot of work, but with time love a patients it will be a great site.
    I don't know if anyone here will remember a website/blog called The Muppet Newsflash. Back in 2005 when that site first started I helped conduct several interviews with people who have worked on various Muppet Projects. Now since then that site has shut down, and our interviews had dissapered. Well through a little searching I found them, and would like to add them to the site. However they are in need of some minor editing to fit on the site. So if anyone is interested please let me know.

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  15. dwayne1115

Quick update: Stayed up till 3 this morning working on the site. Got some nice little things added. Posted our first segment series call Muppet True or False, which I also learned how to post pictures with. Also after some editing put my first ever interview with Jim Lewis in our new interview section. So please check us out!

16. Muppet Master

Love the site! Great idea. I'm part of a site myself and we're struggling in Facebook likes, so it was great to take an already established movement and make it into a site.

17. dwayne1115

Is it Muppet related? Maybe we can join forces.

18. Muppet Master

Unfortunately, it's not, but it is TV related. I'm not the one who started it, but maybe we could collab in the near future. Perhaps if you write an article about The Muppets 2015 show or something, I could post it on the site I write for and give your site a shoutout.

MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.
  19. dwayne1115

I will keep you in mind!

Also everyone be on the lookout tomorrow for a new post where we profile the one and only Jim Henson!

20. Muppet Master

Can't wait to read, loved your t&f segment. Also pm me if you ever want to collab.

MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.