1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What should the 40th anniversary logo look like?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by SSLFan, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

^^^

Any ideas? Should it have most of the core group muppets like the 25th anniversary one had? Or should it just have a big number 40 with the Sesame St. logo on top like the 30 and 35th anniversaries? I would perfer a one with the SS muppets on it, but if they would just do a number 40, It should be something like the 30th anniversary one(I'm not too fond of the recent one,lol). Your thoughts?

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Whatever it is, I assure you it's gonna have Abby and Elmo on it.
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I would have had the logo be a spoof of Barney and Friends showing Big Bird leading the SS crew on a big Parade.

Or if that is not possible, then how about one having the Bird walk side by side with Abby and a young child with the escribtion of showing 40 years and still counting.

Or how about one where:insatiable: tries to eat the 40th anniversary symbol.
  4. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Of those three choices, I most prefer the "Cookie Monster" idea: he's existed in some form since Episode 1, he's still appearing in new sketches/stories, and he's probably the most recognized "old school" Muppet worldwide. The "Abby/Big Bird with a kid" image would be my second choice; it acknowledges a link between Sesame Street's past and present, along with the show's target audience. I agree that including only newer characters (like Abby and Elmo) in the logo wouldn't do justice to Sesame Street's full 40-year history; Elmo didn't exist for at least ten years, unlike some other Muppets you've mentioned.