What show did you look fwd to watching when you stayed homw when you sick

Teheheman

Reaction score
Same for me! Although I did used to like the peoples Court... Mostly for that funky theme song they used to play. :big_grin:
They have so many judge shows that I think that I'm getting one this fall. I don't have a law degree, I'm just gonna tell em to shut up and give them my opinion and bang my little hammer thing and be done with it.

Daniel

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Really? I can't watch a lot of SST online, because of my slow internet. -_- AND it starts when I go to homeroom (I leave home at about 7:30 in the morning! :stick_out_tongue:)
*Dances for the glory of ADSL with super big download cap*:big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They have so many judge shows that I think that I'm getting one this fall. I don't have a law degree, I'm just gonna tell em to shut up and give them my opinion and bang my little hammer thing and be done with it.

Daniel
I know it, lol! There's are at least three new :tough judge with attitude" shows on every other week. And the best part about it is that who evry the new judge is is not like all the others. :stick_out_tongue:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
For me it was Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Reading Rainbow on PBS...then later on I watched Pinwheel and Today's Special on Nickelodeon. Eureeka's castle came out when I was a Junior in High School. By that time I had my own VCR, so I would program Eureeka and Fred Penner's Place every day and watch when I got home.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know it, lol! There's are at least three new :tough judge with attitude" shows on every other week. And the best part about it is that who evry the new judge is is not like all the others. :stick_out_tongue:
And they all are. I know they're cheap as anything to produce, but do we need 8 hours a day full of them? I'm sick and tired of seeing the same cookie cutter judge (that's apparently different from the rest) deal with the same cases with the same kind of people.... I have to admid, DTV has revealed a couple surprises, but not all that much.

Would you believe I have a 24 hour cartoon channel, but since it's qubo, there's nothing to watch anyway? I hate qubo....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of seeing the same cookie cutter judge (that's apparently different from the rest) deal with the same cases with the same kind of people.... I have to admid, DTV has revealed a couple surprises, but not all that much.
Exactly! It's the same thing with Talk shows... That have five whole kind of shows that they do. I like to sall it Daytime Exploitation. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last time I checked, the only exploitative talk shows I've seen are Jerry Springer, Jerry Springer's Bodyguard, and Maury Povich. All the other worn out, tired, exploitative, carbon copy tal;k show hosts had the common sense to jump a sinking ship. Not Maury. He's been beating the same dead horse for years now. Jerry Springer at least has a campy sleeze factor to it... but Maury is just like someone's waiting to pull the plug.

Xerus

Reaction score
When I was sick or had a snow day, I'd always look forward to seeing those 15 minute PBS weekday shows you couldn't see when you were in school. I liked watching shows like Readalong, Math Patrol, Readit, Cover to Cover, and my most favorite show then, The Letter People. I'm thankful to get all 60 episodes of the Letter People on 2 tapes from an eBay auction a while ago so I could finally see all the episodes of this great phonics series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When I was sick or had a snow day, I'd always look forward to seeing those 15 minute PBS weekday shows you couldn't see when you were in school. I liked watching shows like Readalong, Math Patrol, Readit, Cover to Cover, and my most favorite show then, The Letter People. I'm thankful to get all 60 episodes of the Letter People on 2 tapes from an eBay auction a while ago so I could finally see all the episodes of this great phonics series.
Wow... someone else who remembers the bizarre stuff PBS used to run during noontime off and on in the 80's... and a couple months in the 90's too. Anyone remember the TV show about learning to speak French?