What Shows Did You Watch Every Morning Before School?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got the idea for this thread from this post made by pally...

anytimepally said:
he used to come on Nickelodeon every morning while I was waiting for the bus..
Whats shows did you watch of a mornings before school? I have a short list, but rather interesting...

* 1994-1998: I'd watch random cartoons naturally, I mean I was a little kid then, so what else am I going to watch?
* 1998-1999: When Pokemon was all-the-rage at that time, I'd watch that every single morning, then I remember going to school and having discussions.
* 1999: In addition to Pokemon, I'd watch Franklin on Nick Jr. back when the show was tolerable.
* 2000: With the success of the movie that summer, our local FOX station started airing The Bullwinkle Show, and I watched that every morning for that entire school year.
* 2001-2003: I'd just pop something into the VCR and watch that before I went off for school.
* 2003-On: I was homeschooled, so I didn't necessarily have to get up early since I could get my four hours in whenever I wanted.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Let's see...these are in no particular order...

The live-action, 1960s Dennis the Menace

The Adam West Batman - part 2 would air after school

Scooby-Doo

The Flintstones

I Love Lucy

The Today Show

things I taped off TV in the middle of the night

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
A lot of them! Too many to remember. But had to start waking up entirely too early to watch TV before school when Middle school started. But I remember watching Sesame Street.

Skye

Reaction score
*2001-2003: I'd just pop something into the VCR and watch that before I went off for school.
At first, I was thinking "Nothing" because I really didn't. But then when I saw this part of your post, Snowthy... it's not a show, but mostly in high school, instead of turning on the radio or a CD, I would pop a music-related video or something into the VCR and I would dance around before school to get myself going! I'm not a morning person at all, so something like that was always really fun for me. :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Tiny Toon Adventures, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Muppet Babies, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Winnie the Pooh, The Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain (every once in awhile), Pokemon (what kid back then didn't?), Marsupilami (one of my favorites, very obscure though), Bonkers, The Wild Thornberrys, and more. :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What ever was on as well. But I don't really remember. But I'm not a morning person either, so I usually tried to get in as much sleep as I could before school. :smirk:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
The thing I always, always watched, from about age six to twelve, was DuckTales. Not on TV always, mind you. Usually on tape.

anytimepally

Reaction score
He-Man & Transformers came on back-to-back, and then if we had cable at the time (which we didn't always), I'd flip over to Nick and watch part of Mr. Wizard before I had to leave.. that was elementary school.. I don't remember watching anything specific through later years

actually, though, this:

things I taped off TV in the middle of the night
reminded me that I would tape episodes of The Twilight Zone and Tales from the Darkside during the night and watch them later, though not necessarily before school

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tiny Toon Adventures, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Muppet Babies, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Winnie the Pooh, The Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain (every once in awhile), Pokemon (what kid back then didn't?), Marsupilami (one of my favorites, very obscure though), Bonkers, The Wild Thornberrys, and more. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh hey, that reminds me, for a SHORT period of time, re-runs of Recess were coming on of those early morning hours, so I'd watch that.

There was also a short period of time where I was watching Animal Jam of the mornings.