1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What size are the busts? (heh-heh.....)

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Gonzo, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

What size are the Sideshow Muppet Busts? I know they're a relatively small size, but I'm trying to decide if I want to delve into them or not.

Estimated size?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

2. radionate

radionate New Member

Double D

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

aww man that's horrible *stifles her own laugh*

4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Delve into them ? heh heh !

I guess if they seem a little small you could always use something to give them a bit of uplift !

5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

6. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

They are not all that large, but bigger than some.
    If you are used to seein' busts in museums, the Muppets are a bit smaller.
    If you are used to seeing busts in Comic shops, Kermit and Company are a litte larger.
    They are about the same scale as a classic G.I. Joe, or a Sideshow Toys 12" figure.
    We stock them in our shop, and have gone through several of each.
    I originally planned to order one case of each (3 pieces per) Keep one, Send one to a regular customer, and sell one.
    We have gone through at least 6-12 of each, and I have not kept any, they do not stick around long enough!

7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Uncleduke,

Thanks for the info. Nice to hear they are selling well.

Anyone else have any reports or sightings?

8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The busts are rather small. I didn't expect that. The actual Muppet portion - of Beaker - is about as tall as the Fozzie figure. The rest are about as tall as Palisade's Kermit figure. Of course it's wider because it's mainly just the head of the characters. ;)

[Correction was made to be clear] :)

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Thanks for the info, people--it helped me make my decision.

Quinnnnnnnn

10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well...what was the decision? LOL!

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

:D

My decision is...as much as I would LOVE them, I probably can't afford to do it right now. We just moved into a three-bedroom townhouse (from a one-bedroom pit), and in between that and Miles wanting clothes and food and me wanting all sorts of stuff, I'll probably put those on indefinite hold.

Then again, some of them, like Rowlf, look too good to pass up.

So I don't know if my decision is made or not, but I'd rather collect the Palisades figures and the Time-Life DVDs for the time being. And that's a fairly large proportion of our income right now. I've really gotta finish school someday.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ahh...I get ya. The Rowlf one really is the one to get so far (and maybe in the entire series). This is the best Rowlf likeness ever made (and probably the best that ever will be made). It looks like Kermit, Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and maybe Scooter are the five busts to get. The rest don't seem that impressive. They are ridiculously expensive too. I didn't know how small they actually were. Rowlf was the only one actually worth the price. They are a numbered limited edition, but I don't think they will sell out that fast. We'll see. They almost look too good in their boxes to take them out.

The figures are much more fun, though. After an hour or so looking at the busts, they aren't that interesting anymore.

13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Everyone at MC could pitch in a quarter and probably afford to buy me the Fozzie when it comes out!!

HINT HINT!

FOZ

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

LOL---only if they do the same to buy me Gonzo!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(I'll send you my quarter)

15. Fozzie Bear

Hiya Quinnnnn(etc)nn,

It might be quicker to just email me the quarter.

Thanks,
    FOZ

16. Hey Kevin, how's about buyin' me the Janice and Sam Eagle busts in exchange fer yer Christmas present? :)

Then we can call it "even"!

:D

17. Fozzie Bear

Even? Even?

I got something to make it even for you...has a 36 elastic waist, and smells SO good...

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

For once, I really REALLY don't want to know...

Quinnnnnnnnn

19. and neither do I...

20. anathema

anathema Active Member

The 36" waist could be old Hilda, but I ain't too sure about the rest... :)