1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Sketches Made You Laugh?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Kuriboh Man, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

What classic SS Sketches made you laugh as a kid? the only one I can remember that made me laugh was Ernie's Silly Disguises.
  2. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Let's see. I'd say anything with grover was funny. I'd say anything with the count is funny. Any Ernie & Bert sketches were funny (especially the I "eight the sandbox" one) Anything with Bip Bippadotta is hilarious!
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There are so many... and so many of them make me Laugh for unintended purposes...

This one for example

Now, that one just has too much going wrong with it to NOT be funny. Not only doesn't it make sense, but even the things that do make sense make no sense. Birds aren't supposed to have teeth. And that's the most sensical thing in the skit.

And let's not forget ol' Jazz #2 and the twin busts of George Washington...

and of course (as I stated somewhere else) Google Bugle and Cookie's googling eyes...
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

5. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

I liked the A-B-C-D Cookie Monster sketch.
    I also think Do De Rubber Duck made me laugh also, it still does.
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Let's see...
    • Grover observes the birds: I loved wen he fell out of the tree
    • Any parody on the show today
    • Grover' emotional orchestra: I loved the end where his orchestra turned out to be a boombox
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Loud & Quiet with Elmo & Kermit always had be laughing.
  8. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The infamous "A-B-C-D-E-F-Cookie Monster!" sketch still makes me giggle just thinking about it. So does an old clip I doubt anyone else remembers: Harvey Kneeslapper is supposed to announce that the letter of the day is W, but he keeps sneezing when he tries to name it. He tells Gordon that he's allergic to W; I forget how the sketch ends, but I must have driven my mother crazy quoting it over and over again. :D
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

A Street Muppet allgeric to letters? There's something you don't see everyday!
  10. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I should add the ABCDEF cookie monster sketch always made me laugh!
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It often made me laugh, too.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And I forgot one that kills me everytime.

"You know what? I got a cold in my nose! I don't know where I got it from! I didn't buy it at a store or nothin'... I just got it! I tried to give it to my dog Bozo, but he said he already had a cold, and didn't want another one."
  13. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I guess that's why Harvey Kneeslapper never used W in his "slap a letter on the unsuspecting victim" pranks. Then again, a whole episode of Sesame Street dealt with the Count having the "counting flu": if it's the same episode I remember watching, even imagining numbers made the Count feel dizzy and pass out.
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day that Count couldn't count.
  15. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Me too XD And Kermit's face is priceless. The Yip Yips are pretty funny, too.

Actually, I don't really remember watching Sesame Street. I know I did, but nothing outside of the pinball song really stirs up any memories. Well, there was also that one guy on a cup who could float up or down on the kitchen counter :insatiable:
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, that Pinball Count song is old-school & is the most trippy--IMO--of all the skits produced for the show.
  17. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

It did happen; I distinctly remember the cast going to great lengths to make sure the Count recovered. They blindfolded him so he couldn't see anything countable, put earmuffs on him so he couldn't count any sounds, put mittens on him so he couldn't count his fingers...Before he found out that even imagining numbers was dangerous, the poor guy looked more like a mummy than a vampire...and even as a college student, I thought it was hilarious to see. :batty:
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

So how did he get cured?
  19. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

And years later, I still find myself with that song in my head.
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sorry about that, then. XD