What sketches scared you as a kid?

Danimal

Reaction score
I Beam

I BEAM, I BEAM I BEAM!!!! I, as an 8 or 9 year old, would run out of the room in hysterics, like i had just seen the face of the devil! The scary muisic, the firery image of the I beam being forged, nothing was ever more scary on Sesame, or really on any other show i was watching at the time...Anyone agree?

core

Reaction score
Danimal said:
I BEAM, I BEAM I BEAM!!!! I, as an 8 or 9 year old, would run out of the room in hysterics, like i had just seen the face of the devil! The scary muisic, the firery image of the I beam being forged, nothing was ever more scary on Sesame, or really on any other show i was watching at the time...Anyone agree?

Maybe was that charakter Frazzle?

I know only him from the encyclopedia of sesame street.
http://www.sesameencyclopedia.cjb.net/

By the way. I have already told in this topic I was scared about the Count, but I was a little girl and it was a long time ago. Now I adore him.

For the rest I din't like very noisy songs and until today I still don't like noise songs.

jrod

Reaction score
i wish i could have a dvd of just scary sketches.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
core said:
Maybe was that charakter Frazzle?

I know only him from the encyclopedia of sesame street.
http://www.sesameencyclopedia.cjb.net/
The clip Danimal was talking about was a film where a red-orange piece of steel is shaped into the letter "I". It had some very scary music, with a piano and trumpet and...ecch, it even creeps me out! :embarrassed:

BlueAM

Reaction score
Might I add, Cookie Monster's "Healthy Food" freaked me out, possibly the broccoli.

BlueAM

"Me one healthy dude, cause me eat healthy food!"

mikealan

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
The clip Danimal was talking about was a film where a red-orange piece of steel is shaped into the letter "I". It had some very scary music, with a piano and trumpet and...ecch, it even creeps me out! :embarrassed:
MuppetDude,

I sent you #2558 and #2574 already and I know #2558 had the 'I Beam' film segment. Did it begin to scare you when you watched #2558?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'll tell you once I'm out of the fetal position... :zany:

I wasn't really scared of it, but it was very odd; it began with a loud clang and a close-up of the fiery beam, and..... :smirk: thanks for scaring me again.

:embarrassed:

fozziefan

Reaction score
scary stuff on SS

It makes me so glad to see that alot of the things on SS that freaked me out were scary to you guys too. Anyway, here are the things I remember that were really scary:

News Flash where Kermit interviews Humpty Dumpty. That egg still creeps me out!

The Super Grover intro used to scare me because of the loud booming voice of the announcer, plus I was always startled when Grover seemed to jump out at me from behind the screen.

The skit with Grover and Kermit where Kermit has teeth. Very disturbing.

Guy Smiley and some of the other "human" muppets like him used to frighten me too. I'm not quite sure why.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share my experiences on this topic.

:embarrassed:

P

Princeton

The "Harry the Horse" cartoon; the narrator's voice was just FREAKY.