What sketches scared you as a kid?

Zoot

Reaction score
Dr Tooth always reminds me of more that freaked me out.

There was one were a bird skeleton and a elephant skeleton are in a locker room after a basket ball game. It's animated "If you could call it that"...the background is black and white but the characters are color...I think...Any how...they both open their lockers at the same time and both their skins fall out into one pile and they don't know who's skin was whos (???!!!). SO - they just grab random articles of...skin. From off screen you can hear them both grunting and struggling...and then the girl gym teacher walks in and says..."Great game guys, OH NO!" and they show the elephant skeleton with various parts of bird's skin stretched over his frame and some of his own too...but in the wrong places...and the bird has the same thing going on. The gym teacher says something about cooperating...and quickly goes to work, going back and forth between the two, snatching various pieces of elephant's skin off of bird and various pieces of bird's skin off the elephant. (as she does this she's chanting like she's dealing cards "bird, elephant, bird, bird, elephant bird - There now you're all dressed."

That was weird one. Please tell me SOME ONE remembers that so I know I'm not insane.:confused:

gorry

Reaction score
Originally posted by fluffmuppet
I would have to say those purple sock aliens that said "Yiiipp yipyipyipyipp!" Were really scary for me when i was little

~fluff~
same here.they're just creepy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
With all this talk of Lefty, Harvey Kneeslapper, and the Martians, I can't think of any ones with actual Muppets that scared me (confused me, yes, but never actually scared me. Except for one. It was probably a Sesame News Flash in which Kermit talks to the Spider from "Little Miss Muffet" or something like that (I'm not sure this was it, I have a very fuzzy memory) all I know is a Spider was in it. Spiders of all kinds haunted my nightmares. To this day the rubber ones give me the willies to no end. Sometimes I casually creep out of a store if I find one. Back to the nightmares, though. Remeber the episode of Ducktales in which they were stranded in the Bermuda Triangle? I dreamt I was in that, and at the end (when the arrived back in Duckberg, which turned into my home town for some reason) the Muppet Spider was singing a country and western song about how the Spiders are coming. I knew what the results would be, so I woke up, screaming.

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
bird and elephant skins

I totally remember that one! It was rather
bizarre. There were always lots of elephants
on the Street, animated and otherwise. LoL

gorry

Reaction score
there is still a skit that makes me feel uneasy.since it's nighttime(4:30AM)i won't talk about it till dawn.

gorry

Reaction score
okay,anybody remember the sesame movie with the firefighters?well in the scene where the monster's trapped in the attic and when the firemen are bringing him down still haunt me.it just creeps me out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoot
Dr Tooth always reminds me of more that freaked me out.
HEH..heh.. heh! Sorry! But really, these guys must've been on something, or had no sleep in days to think up stuff like this. The show, though still great, is much too tame. They must worry about things scaring kids...(yeah..NOW!!) I tell you, in twenty years Sesame conversations will be a lot less interresting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching the Street (I call Sesame the Street, sometimes) today and I remembered something. A band of kids in my elementary school joined up and became the celery Bunch for some reason. They went around fighting or threatening kids (they weren't evil, just goofy and crazy, if any of you had classmates like that) and walked around singing, "we're the celery bunch and we like to crunch celery." over and over.

This doesn't seem scary, to you, but they were in 7th grade at the time!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoot

There was one were a bird skeleton and a elephant skeleton are in a locker room after a basket ball game. It's animated "If you could call it that"...the background is black and white but the characters are color...I think...Any how...they both open their lockers at the same time and both their skins fall out into one pile and they don't know who's skin was whos (???!!!). SO - they just grab random articles of...skin.
But really. What are a bird and an elephant doing playing basketball, and why would they need to remove their skin to do so? Is this one of those illegal "underground animal skeleton basketball" matches I hear so much about? ANd this show is for kid audiences ??? Man, that and Lefty selling obviously stollen O's. ANd where does Harvey Kneeslapper get the letters form? Perhaps this is some sort of Lefty conspiracy.

Anyway, I'm taking bets for the next game. 10 to 1 odds on the hippo skeleton, and 4 to 1 one the jack rabbit skeleton!