What sketches scared you as a kid?

superboober

Reaction score
Sometimes only parts of some sketches would be frightening to me. Three prime examples are (A) The aformentioned pyramid sketch when the statue first starts silently tapping Ernie and Ernie's freaked reaction (B) the Guy Smiley in the jungle conclusion when he comes face to face with the tiger and (C) the climax of the psychedelic In the Grass piece when the final lizard/crocodile comes after the final ladybug and snaps all over the screen like crazy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here are two songs that used to scare me when I was little

Wet Paint by How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave - That one used to TERRIFY me when I was little.The thing that scared me the most about that song was when the paint got on the camera lens,I couldn't bare to watch that part.

Fat Cat Sat - It was mostly Bip running up to the camera ready to do some scat and the blue guy's deep voice,I didn't know it was Frank Oz till a few years later when I turned 13,deep voices used to freak me out when I was little,seriously.

And here's a character that used to scare me when I was little

Bushman Bill - His gruff voice and wild appeareance made me think he was gonna come down to my basement and try to scare me.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
I have a couple of sketches were very uneasy for me too,

1) Danger is no stranger song. It's a nice song if you don't have to look at everything around you, but the second I saw that guy hanging from ropes playing a piano, that freaked me out! Now if I see that sketch on, it's not as scary anymore.

2) There was this unusal sketch that showed about 6 rubber lines attempting to create a circle (which I thought was the end of the clip), all the sudden one of those lines moves out of place - and the music turns really weird and warped. Definantelly scary when I was young. I had to change to channel until it was over.

3) It starts out in a puppet salloon where a bad guy wants to know "Y", and everybody thinks he asking the word "why". The way this sketch was done is scary indeed!

4) Even the sketch where the blue guy (who always goes to Charlie's Restarunt to eat), tells Grover to bring him whatever is on the picture. Which in this case was: Potato Chips, Pickels and a burger (if I remember right). After several attempts of trying to please fat blue, Grover finally gets the order right, and fat blue tells him his lunch hour is over. The way Grover reacted is very frightning to me!!

Hope this helps,
squirrelboy

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
squirrelboy said:
I have a couple of sketches were very uneasy for me too,

1) Danger is no stranger song. It's a nice song if you don't have to look at everything around you, but the second I saw that guy hanging from ropes playing a piano, that freaked me out! Now if I see that sketch on, it's not as scary anymore.

Hope this helps,
squirrelboy
What about their other song "Wet Paint"?Did that one scare you too?

squirrelboy

Reaction score
bigjeffy said:
What about their other song "Wet Paint"?Did that one scare you too?
Oops! Forgot about that one!, Yeah that one gave me the creeps.

I left out one that I remember well:

The tornado week, where a live tornado came through Sesame Street, destroying Big Bird's home. That's a scary memory since there are a lot of tornado's year round. Definetally scary material - no doubt about that.

Thanks for your concern:
squirrelboy

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (or even if I've mentioned it already), but there was a stop-motion animated skit where this weird furry looking duck with what looked like horns and big teeth sat atop a mountain, and his toothbrush started talking to him about the importance of brushing his teeth. So the weird duck thing brushed his teeth. Now, from that description, it doesn't sound too scary, but believe me, along with the duck-thing's weird voice (which I recall sounding like a cross between Uncle Deadly [though it wasn't Jerry doing the voice] and Boris Karloff), it was disturbing. Disturbing enough that I based a character of my own creation off it (I was about twelve at the time) called Devil Duck. Still though, not nearly as scary as the cartoon with the talking crack in the wall. That still haunts me.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I'm not old enough, but I think I would have been scared by the animated counting thing (because of the voice) and the same reason for the two song (Two cats, two kitty cats are drinking the tea).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Don Music scared me when I was little with his headbanging and angermanagement .

dabauckham

Reaction score
Maybe scary isn't the right word, but I was definitely disturbed as a kid when, in "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street", Big Bird decided to wait on the roof for Santa Claus at night in the cold. I thought he had frozen to death! It was sad and scary at the same time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That part of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street sacred me too. It always spooked me when the shadow walked past Big Bird.