What sketches should be on the Ready for School DVD?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What sketches do you hope are included on the upcomming DVD "Ready for School"?

Here is my wishlist:
The First Day of School
Sesame Street News: The First School Day in History
Cheerleaders cheer about the letter K
Roosevelt Franklin teaches his students about poision
Ernie's Show and Tell (I can't remember what any of these were about.. wasn't there a Rubber Duckie segment of some sort?)
Cookie Monster can't read the sign that reads "school"
School animation (I don't know much about this, but I saw a picture in a Muppet Wiki page for a recent episode, and the description states that this had fast-cutting animation)
Some Enchanted Lunchtime
Cheerleaders cheer about school (I know, there were three of these)
Spanish Word of the Day: Esqualia
Roosevelt Franklin teaches his class the importance of excersize
Forty Blocks from my Home
Cookie Monster shows a school sign to a girl
Hard Head Henry Harris calls Suzetta a cantelope head
I Go to School

Bonus segments:
Sesame Street News: The First Day of Kindergarden
another Ernie's Show and Tell segment
cheerleaders cheer about the letter F
Mr. Essex teaches his class
Roosevelt Franklin teaches his class about traffic safety
The School Game

I would also like it if Getting Read for School were to be included as a bonus feature, but if it is a bonus feature, then it would be better to leave out The First Day of School and the cheerleaders cheering about school.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope they have bonus features like that, since the Country DVD had some. I doubt the main feature would have any older stuff like that! It'd probalby either be completely original material or clips of the current show... But then again, You'd never know.

I'm pressing for "School In the Afternoon." And no Ernie's show and tell!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really hope they have bonus features like that, since the Country DVD had some. I doubt the main feature would have any older stuff like that! It'd probalby either be completely original material or clips of the current show... But then again, You'd never know.

I'm pressing for "School In the Afternoon." And no Ernie's show and tell!
Well, the main feature for the country DVD had some segments from the show as part of the main program, even something from the early 1970s (The Ballad of Casey McPhee). Ready for School might have some older sketches. If there are sketches and it focuses more on newer sketches, then I guess it would probably have Ernie's Show and Tell, whether we want it or not. Hopefully it would include one of the four or five Sesame Street News sketches that take place at (or have to do with) school. Those skits were all made during the 1980s, so they wouldn't look too old to young viewers.

I wonder if this will be more like Getting Ready for School, which had quite a few skits that had more to do with learning concepts taught in school instead of school (and didn't take place in school).