1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What song can you not get out of your head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melissa@muppet, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll admit it:I had a video tape of one of those 80s Care Bears cartoons when I was a kid that I kinda sorta have fond memories of. Yeah, it's true :/

2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I just get tired of the continuous bashing of the girly girl cartoons of the 1980's. Why can't people just accept that there are girly girls who like girly girl cartoons?

3. Flaky Pudding

I was just kidding. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with having shows like that.

4. ErinAardvark

OK, sorry. I'm the overly sensitive type. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled topic. The song that is currently stuck in my head:

"I Don't Want to Fight" by Tina Turner

5. Flaky Pudding

I don't know many of Tina Turner's songs but I've always liked her cover of Proud Mary. When I was younger, I only knew her version and associated it with her rather than Creedence Clearwater Revival.

6. Flaky Pudding

Although it was kind of sad when I heard it for the first time, I've really come to enjoy the song that was unfortunately Troy Gentry's last song. It's very beautiful, well written, and says a lot about who he was as a person

This is why I love Montgomery Gentry. They're songs are beautiful and written from the heart. This is much better than those people who think that saying a bunch of cuss words and insulting people is the only type of music. In my opinion, this is true music. It's made out of love rather than rebellion and that is very hard to find in music nowadays. In a time where a lot of popular songs are crude and filled with expletives, the world needs more bands like Montgomery Gentry.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  7. ErinAardvark

I prefer CCR's, myself.

8. Flaky Pudding

Me too. I've been a CCR fan for a few years now. It was funny because the only reason I didn't really listen to them for a long time was that I didn't understand anything John Fogerty was saying. Fast forward years later..........I still can't understand the majority of the lyrics but I still enjoy the songs either way. Understanding lyrics in songs has always been an issue for me. I'll get so invested in the music that I often can't even tell you the words of even my favorite songs much less the deep message the singer is trying to send or anything like that lol.

9. Flaky Pudding

Currently, I can't stop thinking of this hilarious spoof of Like a G6 about Harry Potter that my friend showed me a while ago. Now that I've been watching the movies, I understand more of the Potter related jokes they put in the song.

10. Flaky Pudding

Also, I was watching this "Family Guy References You May Have Missed" video and I've had trouble getting the catchy theme song to The Great Space Coaster out of my head ever since.

11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Bad Liar by Selena Gomez

12. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Immigrant Song by Led Zepplin

13. Flaky Pudding

I recently made a video tribute to my dead dog Rooster and used a certain Reckless Kelly song I hadn't heard in years. The only downside to that, I forgot how freaking catchy it was

That is such a good song that I can't believe I ever forgot about. The Abbey Road joke in that video still cracks me up to this day. When I found that Beagles picture I just had to include it. Speaking of jokes in the video, in that thumbnail I can't help but think it's a little hypocritical of Giggles to get upset at Cuddles for dating another girl. She's dated more guys than any other fictional character I can think of, that girl's got room to talk on that subject lol. The reason I put a lot of humor in this one is to keep myself from crying every time I see it due to the footage of my beloved Rooster being used. Sometimes comedy is the best medicine and this video proves it (none of the jokes are at his expense though, because that would be a bit disrespectful to put in a tribute to anyone even an animal). Also, I included a whole Muppet section in this video for the first time. I've referenced Muppets on several occasions but this is the first time I've ever dedicated an entire section of my video to one character:Kermit :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  14. Flaky Pudding

I've also been listening to this piece of awesomeness by the Fresh Prince himself lately

15. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

This is honestly my new favorite song from the new Mst3k series.

16. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey