1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What song can you not get out of your head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melissa@muppet, Apr 1, 2006.

1. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

This is definitely one of my favorite kids TV show theme songs.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Todd World! Wasn't that show on Noggin? I feel like I've seen it somewhere...

3. ConsummateVs

I think it was on TLC's Ready Set Learn block.

You know, back before TLC had all those trashy reality shows on.

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

This:

And yes, it's where my old alias on here came from. ;)

5. LittleJerry92

I always loved when that came on as a kid.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Ancient history.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

I see that you uploaded it to your channel as well, but in higher quality. :)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I remember that! That's before the kids shows spun off into Discovery Kids. I think my four-year old self was weirdly attracted to that puppet penguin who was the host. Paz, I believe was his name.

LittleJerry92 and ConsummateVs like this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

11. LittleJerry92

I always thought it was this song:

12. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

...the Jazzy Alphabet was on The Electric Company, too?

Or is that just part of Nanto's rebranding? :skeptical:

13. LittleJerry92

I think that was on Nanto's part.

14. MikaelaMuppet

It's not, it was from early 90's Sesame Street and not The Electric Company.

Sorry for the confusion.

15. LittleJerry92

Had this stuck in my head all day.

16. ConsummateVs

Despite how ugly the Donkey Kong Country cartoon's animation is (at least by today's standards), it had some really good songs.

17. MikaelaMuppet

This one:

I still clearly remember in my mind hearing this song in my freshman year health class at high school, and was my very first introduction to watching a television movie ever.

18. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I unironically love this; like I was just listening to it over the weekend for enjoyment:

19. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

This amazing, beautiful science fiction-type song by Queen that I recently discovered. It always pull on my heart strings, puts tears in my eyes, and gives me goosebumps (the good kind). It is extremely creativity and you have to listen closely to understand the story being told through the lyrics. It's about a group of astronauts who go into space to explore, they see many new sights and discover interesting things but then the day comes when it is time for them to come home to Earth and tell their families all about the amazing adventures they went on in space. When they arrive home, they discover that while it may have seemed to be only one day in space 100 years have gone by since they left Earth. All of their children and husbands/wives have been long dead and everything in the world has changed far from what they remember. Man, that is truly some deep stuff and it appeals to me personally being a huge sci-fi fan and a lover of creatively woven stories:

Many of us dreamed of being astronauts when we grow up as kids, myself being no exception. But to be honest, this song completely changed that thought for me. If I was asked to go into space, I would gladly decline. You know why? Because while it would definitely be cool to see all the many interesting sights, it really wouldn't be worth it to me because my family and friends down here on Earth are far more important.

cjd874 likes this.
  20. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

This song right here taught me a valuable lesson about life when it first came out. I used to be a rather rude, sarcastic, and all around not too nice person towards my mom like many young rebellious elementary schools do. The stress brought on by my rude behavior really starting getting to mom to an almost worrisome level. All that happened around the same time the Montgomery Gentry album Back When I Knew It All was just released. My dad, being the huge Montgomery Gentry fan he is, pre ordered the CD online so we received a copy of it on it's release date.

The lyrics of the song Roll With Me on that exact album really made me think about my bad behavior and for the first time, I started to truly regret my past choices. The song is about a formerly grumpy man who has a spiritual epiphany at church one day that allows him to see the world in a whole new way. It felt as though the same thing happened to me when I was first exposed to this song.

Ever since that day I've been slowing it down, I've been looking around, I've been loving my town and I'm feeling alright. I'm not worried about anything except for the man I want to be. This song helped me end my negative ways and taught me that there is almost always a rainbow at the end of every storm. No matter how dire bad situations may seem, it's important to stay positive and well, roll with things no matter what: