What song represents you? :D

Beakerfan

Reaction score
xP Alex, naughty you!
Don't listen to Alex, Snowthers. XD LOL!
Seriously!

Gee whiz, what happen to the good old days when someone says they're going to lay into another person meant they were going to beat the stuff out of said other person? I mean NOW people seem to think it means... um... never mind...

But I would NEVER do that to MrsPepper, nor would I beat the stuffing out of her, I'm too much of a gentleman, plus I could never even dream of knocking out a friend of mine.
Bwahahaha! Sorry guys. I knew what Snowth meant. But, it was like, 11 o'clock at night and my mind was seriously all over the place..... (I'm in the school library and trying VERY hard not to laugh right now)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bwahahaha! Sorry guys. I knew what Snowth meant. But, it was like, 11 o'clock at night and my mind was seriously all over the place..... (I'm in the school library and trying VERY hard not to laugh right now)
I'm laughing just thinking about it... and I'm laughing much like Hawkeye does!

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know, as someone who was written at least 100 songs since i was a teen, and many are written to express moods or feelings that i didn't find other existing songs represented at the time, i still would have a hard time pointing to any single one of them saying they represent me just because they're all individual facets and each is a smaller piece of a larger puzzle. (It's been a couple years since i've written anything but there's a fair collection of my lyrics over the years at http://community.webtv.net/larynx1 )

So then - that brings us to songs by other artists and again there's much the same problem - as people change and grow sometimes gradually, sometimes daily, there just is no one song that perfectly captures everything but these come close both in message and the way the combination of lyrics and music just touch me in that oddly personal way that makes it seem like it's a special gift from the artist...

"World in My Eyes" by Depeche Mode
"I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" by some guy named Gonzo
"Dear God" by XTC
"Time After Time" by The Beloved
"The World is Stone" by Cyndi Lauper
"This Must Be the Place I've Waited Years to Leave" by Pet Shop Boys
"Miserabalism" by Pet Shop Boys
"Blue Hotel" by Chris Isaak
"Possessed" by Vegas
"The Lonliest Man in the World" by The Tourists
"Out Here On My Own" by Irene Cara
"I Don't Care" by Shakespear's Sister
"No More I Love You's" by Annie Lennox (also the original version by The Lover Speaks - both speak to me in different ways)
"Anything But Strong" by Eurythmics
"I've Tried Everything" by Eurythmics (really almost all of Eurythmics' "Peace" album, but those two tracks in particular)
"Dark Road" by Annie Lennox
"Walking in My Shoes" by Depeche Mode
"Fragile" by Sting
"Sing" by Travis
"Englishman in New York" by Sting
"To the Moon & Back" by Savage Garden

So i guess if those are individual pieces, if you put them together, there's a good representation of an audio picture of me.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmm... what song represents me...

I think perhapes 'Twisted', by Joni Mitchell. I don't believe I'm the dodgy kind of twisted, just the wacky kind of twisted, although I don't usually show it here on MC! Here's the lyrics, which are pretty kooky but also pure genius:

My analyst told me

That I was right out of my head

The way he described it

He said I’d be better dead than live

I didn’t listen to his jive

I knew all along

That he was all wrong

And I knew that he thought

I was crazy but I’m not

Oh no

My analyst told me

He said I’d need treatment

But I’m not that easily led

He said I was the type

That was most inclined

When out of his sight

To be out of my mind

And he thought I was nuts

No more ifs or ands or buts

They say as a child

I appeared a little bit wild

With all my crazy ideas

But I knew what was happening

I knew I was a genius...

What’s so strange when you know

That you’re a wizard at three

I knew that this was meant to be

Now I heard little children

Were supposed to sleep tight

That’s why I got into the vodka one night

My parents got frantic

Didn’t know what to do

But I saw some crazy scenes

Before I came to

Now do you think I was crazy

I may have been only three

But I was swinging

They all laugh at angry young men

They all laugh at edison

And also at einstein

So why should I feel sorry

If they just couldn’t understand

The idiomatic logic

That went on in my head

I had a brain

It was insane

Oh they used to laugh at me

When I refused to ride

On all those double decker buses

All because there was no driver on the top

My analyst told me

But I said dear doctor

I think that it’s you instead

Because I have got a thing

That’s unique and new

To prove it I’ll have

The last laugh on you

’cause instead of one head

I got two

And you know two heads are better than one.

Yeah... kinda. I find the style of the song different and kooky... like me a bit.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, there are a LOT of different songs that I can say represent me but then again they're lawyer songs lol. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I'd say the list would look like this:
Live this Life-Big and Rich because that's what we all should be doing. I mean, we all gotta live this life til this life won't let us live here anymore and I will walk yes I will walk with patience through that open door, I have no fear angels follow me whereever I may go.
Off the Hillbilly Hook-Trailer Choir cause that's what I am, I am off the hillbilly hook, off the redneck chain.
Help Me-Johnny Cash. There are times in my life where I look up to the heavens and just say I need help and that's what I do. Just look up to the sky and ask for help in my life.
Hmmmmmmm, I'll think of more and when I do, I'll post em

Daniel

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Blech, double post.

But I should put Love Is Free by Sheryl Crow on my list, because it's such a simple song but it's still really optimistic and it sort of looks colourful in your mind :stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Another one that I really connect with is Love is a Place by Metric. It's very short but very simple and it means alot to me.