What SST toys did YOU have as a kid?

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
heralde said:
Talking Big Bird doll with pull cord (don't remember what he said unfortunately, but I do remember when he stopped working!)
The talking Big Bird that I remember said three things:
"Hi, I'm Big Bird".
"I live on Sesame Street".
"I love you verrry much."

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember my sister and I having activity book cut-outs of Ernie and Bert. Bert was lying in bed while Ernie was in his bathtub, covered with bubbles. We did funny things with the characters like pulling on the pop-up tab making Ernie drown himself in the tub. Also pretending Bert's bed and Ernie's tub were in the same room.

BERT: "Ernie, why are you taking a bath in the middle of the night?!"

ERNIE: "It was Rubber Duckie's idea. He's a late bather!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I had a set of rubber finger puppets. I believe there was Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster.

I also had some of the first record albums, and the hardcover Time/Life book set- People in Your Neighborhood, the Book of Numbers, Letters, Shapes, etc.
I won't dare sell them on ebay. I'm keeping them til the day I die.

paulyw

Reaction score
My Toys

I had quite a few toys. One of my favorites was the Sesame Street Set made my Fisher Price, which had the home where Susan and Gordon Lived, the Malt SHop, (Hooper's Store) and it had a few of the figures. and also other objects such as the counter from the malt shop, and the beds for Bert and Ernie.:grouchy: :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

splitenz

Reaction score
Boy, did we have Sesame toys!

My brother and I grew up in the 1970s and early 1980s, and we had MANY SS toys!

Of course, we had the 123 Sesame Street play set by Fisher Price. We also had the clubhouse, which had a conveyor belt, crazy slide, tire swing and trap door that dropped the little people out the side of the building.

We had a lot of SS plush, including a talking Count, Snuffy, Cookie Monster, Bert :frown: and Ernie :stick_out_tongue:. We also had an Oscar :grouchy: pull toy by Fisher Price. When you pulled him and squeezed the blub on the end of the pull cord, his can opened and closed.

We had tons of Muppets toys, too, including a posable Kermit and a big MIss Piggy hand puppet with a purple gown and gloves and rooted hair. Also, a plush Fozzie, which my parents still have. He had the cutest little hat and tie!

I am sure there was more, but that is what I can remember right now. My, we played with those toys all the time!

Kristi

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
NantoSeiken said:
The talking Big Bird that I remember said three things:
"Hi, I'm Big Bird".
"I live on Sesame Street".
"I love you verrry much."
I didn't think I had any Sesame Street stuffed animals until I saw your post. Now I'm pretty sure I had that Big Bird!! No clue where he might be now though.

I was more into The Muppet Show Muppets, but I did have a few SS PVC figures, a couple records, and maybe that Big Bird.

Today though, I received this Beautiful Big Bird from an eBay auction, and I love him!! What makes it extra cool (that wasn't written in the auction) is that he's from Sesame Place park!!

Quite the unintended steal IMO.
:smile:
Anthony

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, thanks to everyone who mentioned what talking Big Bird said! I wish I could remember for myself...But I did just remember that I also had a Baby Fozzie stuffed toy. I took it with me to Show and Tell. :smile: