Herry - Grenaldo
Cookie Monster - Lucas
Kermit - Rene
Count - Conde
Snuffy - Elefancio
Prarie - Aurora
Ernie - Enrique
Bert - Beto

these are all i know. the translators do a pretty good job. the spanish ernie sounds just like the english ernie and the new spanish bert sounds just like english bert. the old spanish bert for early sketches sounded young and appeared to be speaking from another area than the one he was in (meaning there was an echo). also the count translator they used for the seven dwarves news sketch sounded like he had a cold. the count now for plaza sesamo sounds just right

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, CleanGulch, thanks for the translations. However, Oscar's counterpart is named Bodoque. Also, there were two Big Bird counterparts named Avelardo. The one that matched Big B's personality was the first Avelardo on Plaza Sesamo: a 7 ft. tall orange dragon. The second one could be thought to be related to Big B, since this Avelardo was a 7 ft. tall green parrot. Anyway have a great weekend.

The Killer of Threads, the Count.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Count,

Hey !

Yep, Abelardo was first a Dragon, And then a Parrot.
Im not sure if they show Big Bird on Plaza Sesamo, I havent ever seen him on it.

And Bondoque was the Brown Grouch who lived in a pile of boxes, But i think they still used Oscar ?

There is also Pancho y Contreras the Blue Monster, He owns an Elephant.
Lola the small 'Elmo-like' Monster, And an Anything Muppet.

Oh and there is another Whatnot Red monster too !

See ya

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
ive seen the american big bird on plaza sesamo. hes in some skits like the one where he knocks down boxes and walks bacwards top make them come back up again.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Actually, the parrot in Plaza Sesamo was not named Avelardo; he was named Montoya (at least, according to "Sesame Street: 20...and Still Counting")

Drtooth

Reaction score
To Jeffery Grey: His full name is Abelardo Montoya. So I guess you were both right.

Also, to Clean Gulch, Big Bird, Oscar, and Snuffy DO appear from time to time, but have their regular names. (they sound like Beeg Bird, Oh-scar, and Snoo-fy). I've also noticed that a bunch of others just have their Sesame Names too, like Elmo, Telly, and Zoe.
I saw one sketch with Guy Smiley, but I don't know what he was called. It was just the old clip of him singing the seasons song.

Plus, if you want to get technicAll, Kermit's full Mexican name is La Rana Rene.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Guy Smiley is Senor Sonrisas and when hes Prince Charming he's Principe Azul or something

Drtooth

Reaction score
Senior Sonrises? I get it, Sonrises, smile.. Mr. Smiles....

I'd have to admit, the dude that dubbs in Big Bird's voice (Big Bird, as in our Big Bird, not Abelardo Montoya) sounds juuuust like Matt Vogel's Big Bird interpretation.