What TMS songs would go over well on "Sesame Street"?

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet and I were actually thinking about this one, here's what we came up with:

"Halfway Down The Stairs" (sung by Robin, making a cameo)
"I'm Five" (also by Robin...it could be "Bring Your Nephew To Work Day" for Kermit!)
"The Rhyming Song" (sung by Grover, Bert, Ernie, and Prairie Dawn...or you could substitute Grover with Herry)
"Upidee" (it's silly enough)

ANd in the same token, what Sesame Street songs would go over well on "TMS"...

"I Can't Help It" (particularly if Sweetums sings it)
"There's A Hole In The Bucket"
"What's The Name Of That Song?" (someone put that in an outline and I could picture it!)
"One Small Voice"
"I Don't Want To Live On The Moon" (particularly if Robin sings it)
"Somebody Come And Play" (particularly if Gonzo sings it)
"Four Furry Friends"
"Caribbean Amphibian"

Walker Boh

Reaction score
TMS -> SS
"Happy Feet" sung by Grover

SS -> TMS
"Letter B" by the Electric Mayhem, vocals by Floyd
"What Do I Do When I'm Alone?" sung by Sweetums
"Fuzzy and Blue" sung by Gonzo
"C is for Cookie (C Schbern du Cookie)" sung by the Swedish Chef

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I finally thought of a few. Another thing that the Swedish Chef could make a translation of in mock-Swedish might be Cookie Monster's "Healthy Food" song. Remember that one?

Another good one might be "Fuzzy and Blue," sung by Gonzo and Thog. I thought of using Animal for the (and orange) part, but he's actually more reddish. Just a thought though.

Also Big Bird might do well with "Rainbow Connection." I'll think up more ideas and be back.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I could also see the TMS gang singing "Keep Christmas With You (All Through The Year)". THat's one they've never performed, despite the fact that they and the Sesame Street gang have performed the same Christmas songs. In fact, I'm often torn over which version of "12 Daze of Xmas" is the better one, although given recent events, I do sort of wish Herry would ask for something other than 11 broken buildings.

I could also picture the Chef singing "C Is For Cookie" in Swedish on TMS. Kermit would introduce it..."We've been trying to teach the Swedish Chef English, and...well...just bear with him, folks."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

This is sort of off the topic we were discussing, but I always liked "Keep Christmas With You." Especially, when Bob and the kids did it in sign language. The show's producers must have liked it too since that's the only song which was on both "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" and "Elmo Saves Christmas." I just thought I'd comment on that song since Matt brought it up. Sorry to get off the original subject.

P

Philip Kippel

Re: Reply

Another good one might be "Fuzzy and Blue," sung by Gonzo and Thog. I thought of using Animal for the (and orange) part, but he's actually more reddish. Just a thought though. [/B]

Maybe Fozzie or Behemoth could do the "and orange" part. In addition to Gonzo and Thog, Timmy Monster, Boppity and Beautiful Day Monster could also sing the "blue" parts.

Other Sesame songs that I think would work on The Muppet Show:

"Sing Me a Silly Song" by Fozzie and Gonzo, with Oscar (in a guest appearance)

"High, Middle, Low" by Robin (who'll sing the high part), Kermit (who'll sing the middle) and Fozzie (who'll sing the low part)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I don't know. I thought Fozzie was more brownish than orange, but it does sound like a good idea.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here are some

Wet Paint sung by the Electric Mayheim, and huge paint splatters fly around.

Ha Ha HA sung by Fozzie, Gonzo, and Lew Zeland

I've got a new way to walk, by Piggy...and she'd keep falling down.

That's not Homer, like on Sesame, with AM's and better looking animals

Everybody's song sung by Manah Manah and two Snowths

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

How about there's a hole in the bottom of the sea.

It could be sung on the Muppet Show by a fish, then a log, then by Kermit (with a tail), then by aflea, then by everyone.