What version do I have?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
During Christmas break I wanted to rewatch the classic muppet movies. So I re-watched the dvd of Muppets Take Manhattan. Well while I was watching it I noticed Jim Henson's head about ten times, Richard Hunt's arm twice...and I saw Kermit's sock too many times to remember. At the beggining of this dvd is a AOL preview talking about the benefits of AOL rather than movie previews. I was given this dvd by a friend and to me it seems like they did not do a good job on cutting the movie and it seems like a bootleg, but original copy...any information about it would be great. I do not plan on getting rid of it because it makes me laugh because of reminding me of some mistakes I have had in the past. Thanks.

sincerly,
a dreamer..known as Sandee :smile:

Baby Animal

Reaction score
If it has an AOL preview... let me ask one more question. Does it have a case? To me, it sounds like the version of MTM that came with boxes of Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast crunch and the like a year ago. I haven't looked that closely at mine to notice the mistakes, but it probably is the same one.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
It does not have a case because my friend only gave me the cd...I did get it about a year ago so that would make sense....it is very interesting. For me it brings it closer to home being a puppeteer. Keeping in mind that if I just keep working hard I could be there one day. Even with all the mistakes in it...which they are slight but you can see them when you look at the bottom of the screen, it does not take away the magic they brought to each character. Technique you can teach but what each person brings to the character that is unique to each puppeteer. Just like snowflakes no two puppeteer are alike even if they are on the same level of skill. You can see this when watching Frank or Eric perform Piggy. Each bring her to life. Eric has Piggy's voice and some character nailed, but as for the original character qualities of her, only Frank can do that. Just as with Steve even though Steve is doing a wonderful job!! To me there is still a little bit of Kermit missing. Ok I know way off topic of one single video but once you start on a subject you love it is hard to stop. Open for discussion. Anyways thanks I was just wondering about the dvd..Everyone take care!

sincerly a dreamer,
Sandee :smile: