What voices can you do? Tips.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Considering I'm a girl, and a young one, I can't really do half of the Muppet characters I know (heck, I'm probably bad at the ones I don't know!) But with some practice in the shower (yes, I sing and quote stuff in the shower), found out that I'm not so bad with some Whitmire and Oz characters--though I still have a lot to learn to impersonate more than one line off each of them. My best voice is Mokey, though I'd wish to do the other four as well. :sympathy:

Muppet Characters I've Tried to Do

Mokey-- Best one I got.

Miss Piggy-- Actually not so bad, though I lose it a bit when she "harumphs".

Kermit the Frog-- "Heigh ho! Kermit the Frog here!" Pretty much all I can do from him.

Polly the Lobster-- (from "Sailing for Adventure") "I'd love to see them cry when they walk the plank." So-so, but definitely better than Mad Monty or Clueless... Or Blind Pew. O_O *shudders from thought*

Cantus/Convincing John-- Hadn't tried doing them in a while. But even if I did, they probably didn't sound good 'cause they need to sound more gravelly or deeper.

Junior Gorg-- (from FR theme song) "Look, Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!" Pretty much the only line I can really do from him. I've tried to sing "The Joke Isn't Funny" with this voice, but I lose control of it rather quickly. Either way, it doesn't sound too deep, and it's a bit obvious it's done by a girl.

Murray the Minstrel/Clueless Morgan-- Pretty bad, they are, but I personally think I do Murray just a speck better. (Keyword: speck. :rolleyes: )

Mad Monty-- Sounds sort of the same as Polly, but because it's deeper, I lose the voice pretty quick. I practice his voice mostly with his solo line from "Sailing for Adventure", which I have a hard time remembering.

Blind Pew-- Probably the worst tries I've done so far. X_X He sounds like Waluigi with a stuffy nose, and I can never do the French accent when I attempt it. Just sounds awful.

Wembley-- I only tried a couple of times, and I did surprisingly well the first time around ('bout a week or two ago), when I least expected it. But when I actually wanted to do it again, I sound weird. :confused:

Boober/Sidebottom-- Not very well from the start, but I lose control even faster when I sing the higher notes. But I think I managed to do Si's laugh once.

Fozzie Bear-- So-so. Sounds a bit girly or squeaky, like I'm trying too hard. :stick_out_tongue: "You have a lovely singing voice, Mr. Bimbo. *pause* You're welcome!"

Red-- Also so-so. I think I do her best when I sing "The Thimblebeetle Song"--which is rare, since I have a hard time keeping up with some parts of the song.

Spotted Dick/Red Mustache Guy (from MTI)-- (from "Cabin Fever") "I got cabin fever; I think I lost my grip/I'd like to get my hands on whoever wrote this script." Probably my second-best voice on the list. The RMG sounds almost the same as SD 'cause, as you can tell, I'm not the best with rougher voices.

Gobo-- Better than Pew, but not as great as, say, my first Wembley attempt.

Jim Hawkins (human character; MTI)-- Since I'm female, it's pretty much a no-duh that I can reach his range, though most likely not perfectly.

Mudwell (from FR and MTI)-- ("Cabin Fever" and "Just a Dream Away") Neither version is great, but on the other hand, I hadn't practiced either one of them enough.

Other Characters I've Tried

Pikachu-- One of my best, and I've done it for years.

Princess Peach-- "Sa-weet!" "Peachy's got it!" Not perfect, but still one of my best.

Mario-- "Wahoo!" "It's-a me, Mario!" Not great, but pretty decent, IMO.

Yoshi-- Pretty well, but still needs a couple of final adjustments--mostly minor tweaks.

Kirby-- Also one of my best. ^_^ I've done baby voices for years!

Soldier (from Phantom Brave)-- What's less than "so-so", but more than "awful"?

Laharl (from Disgaea)-- Only his laugh, but I think I do rather decently at it.

Heidi Klum (from Project Runway)-- I hadn't actually tried her speaking voice, but I've done her laugh pretty well, and I think once or twice I've done her trademark "auf weidersen".

Yin/Yang/Yo (from Yin-Yang-Yo!)-- I can't do Yin's voice for junk, but I can't say much better for the other two. My best one here, though, is probably Yo, since the sound of his voice is a bit more reachable than that of the twin rabbits'. ("Hey! This chair got pointy again!" --Yo)

Misc. -- One time, with lyrics to the song and myself filled with confidence, I've sung through "On the Open Road" from A Goofy Movie, and [virtually] all of my impersonations of the characters that sang were really well done! :smile: I was very proud of it myself, and my sister thought I did really well, too.

~ Morgan "Tries Too Hard to Do These Darn Voices" Goat

PS: I'm thinking someday, if I got the time and enough peace and quiet, maybe I can record at least some of these and submit them to my Putfile account. That way, you guys can hear my impersonations--both good and bad--and make comments about them. :stick_out_tongue:

swcrazyfan

Reaction score
I will be recording myself doing some of the voices listed and I'll post it. I might try to dub my voice to actual muppet footage, That might be fun.

But then everyone here would probably kill me...lol

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
swcrazyfan said:
I will be recording myself doing some of the voices listed and I'll post it. I might try to dub my voice to actual muppet footage, That might be fun.

But then everyone here would probably kill me...lol

yeah I did that one my cell, i can take little 15 sec clips on it, i poped in a "Best of the Muppet Show" dvd and hit mute and dub/talked like Statler & Waldorf.

Statler: I went showboarding yesterday...

Waldorf: oh yeah that aint nothin i cut all the fiber out of my diet

btw is there a site or somthin on my computer so i can show/have people hear me do em? :confused:

swcrazyfan

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
yeah I did that one my cell, i can take little 15 sec clips on it, i poped in a "Best of the Muppet Show" dvd and hit mute and dub/talked like Statler & Waldorf.

Statler: I went showboarding yesterday...

Waldorf: oh yeah that aint nothin i cut all the fiber out of my diet

btw is there a site or somthin on my computer so i can show/have people hear me do em? :confused:
You could post it at Putfile.com

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Here's More of Mine:

Muppets
-Sam The Eagle (Kevin Clash's Version)
-George the Janitor (Easy)
-Zoot (Easy)
-Herry Monster
-Elmo
-Harry the Hipster

Other
-Waffle (Catscratch)
-Mario and Luigi
-Patrick (Spongebob)
-Quagmire
-Peter Griffin
-Homer Simpson

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think it's only fair to hear some of these, these are some overly impressive lists here and I'm wondering how accurate they really are.

I can't do any Muppet voices, I can't really do any voices per say, maybe a half decent "Brian" from Family Guy. I can do accents. I love doing Scarface.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer what do you mean by Original Deeper Henson? You mean like the 50's and 60's Kermit or the Early 70's Kermit?

swcrazyfan

Reaction score
Kuriboh Man said:
Frogpuppeteer what do you mean by Original Deeper Henson? You mean like the 50's and 60's Kermit or the Early 70's Kermit?
It is so confusing talking about kermits voice. I think that Jim Henson never stayed with the same voice for kermit. He was always changing it a little. However, after the muppet movie cam out, I think the voice was more stable and didn't change as much. I also think that when the muppets got eve more famous, the voice started to become for the same. I was, however, not alive then(before 1990), so I am just speculating about this from all of the songs and movies i have been listening to lately.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Kuriboh Man said:

i put myself in voice range meaning like frog prince kermit when he was deeper soundsing yet had the somewhat familair kermit voice we know today......:smile: it took me a while though

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Muppet
I used to do a good Scooter and Beaker, don't know now
Kermit (sort of, kind of, not really :stick_out_tongue: )
Rowlf the Dog/Dr. Teeth
Pepe
Swedish Chef

Non-Muppet
Bad Idea Bear #1 (from Avenue Q)
Fred Fredburger
Sylvester
Woody Woodpecker
Popeye
The Mad Hatter
Rocky & Bullwinkle (and the two crows from that one Fractured Fairy Tales episode)
Mr. Jinks
Top Cat
Yogi Bear
Boo Boo
Hokey Wolf
Squilliam (from Spongebob)
Dr. Fish (also from Spongebob)
Kang (from The Simpsons) I don't know if I still can, though
Itchy and Scratchy (still from The Simpsons)
Eduardo (from Foster's)
Ed the Otter (from Brandy and Mr. Whiskers)
Jack Skellington
Mayor of Halloween Town
Oogie Boogie
Jimmy Stewart (kind of)
Harvey Fierstein (but a bit higher pitched)
Mayor of Munchkinland
Professor Klump (from the Eddie Murphy The Nutty Professor)

and bunch of others I made up or don't remember :zany: