1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

What was the last Henson thing you bought?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Kiki, May 27, 2008.

1. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

They look very nice. The wall-mounted balcony sounds like a cool idea.

2. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Recently, I brought an old-super-rare-hard-to-find SS shirt on eBay.

[​IMG]

A few weeks ago, I brought a rare vintage (not to mention small) Bert and Ernie mug from an antique store. (If you'd like to see a picture, go visit eBay or Etsy where other people are selling their own copies)

3. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

So awesome!! These have been on my radar for so long!! Last time i saw them on ebay i was broke...lol... hopefully the planets will allign for me soon!!

cc

4. j3h

j3h Active Member

Thanks!

These have been on my radar for a long time too, and I just happened to find them on eBay earlier in the week being auctioned off by someone who didn't use the word "Muppet" which had to have limited the search hits.

Best of luck to you, they are a very rare find :/

Scooterforever likes this.
  5. Scooterforever

Didn't use the word "Muppet:confused: ?" Man, it's not every day you find a seller on eBay with a hot item who doesn't know what they're doing. Sounds like you lucked out.

6. crazy chris

hahahahhaa... yeah thats a rarity... nice work!

do you mind diverging what price u got them for? if not i totally understand!

cc

7. j3h

j3h Active Member

Thanks again guys, and yeah, i do feel lucky.
    It was a little bit of a bidding war between 3 of us, (well, 2 of them...i just sniped a single shot in the last 10 seconds) but that was all who came to the party. I ended up winning at a hair over $200 for the pair and their original box. I was prepared to pay a bit more.

I am also glad to hear (at least so far) that I wasn't going against someone here to win this.

The last set I saw on eBay went for over $400, so I feel I did pretty good. Especially since I feel these ones made by igel are as close to an actual replica as we'll ever get of these feisty old curmudgeons. And the fact that they just don't show up all that often for sale.

I really do wish you the best of luck tracking them down Chris, for when you are ready, here's a little bit of what I had been doing:
    I have had an eBay alert set for "muppet igel" for forever which would let me know when something new was listed (lots of igel muppet businessman Kermits)...so that didn't ping with this auction since "Muppet" was not used. Fortunately I had a secondary search for "Statler Waldorf" (no "&"or "and" since who knows which would be used when they get listed) which I didn't have set to alert me (too many hits), but something for me to check every couple of days...I got lucky and spotted this about 19 hours before the auction end and at that time it only had 1 bid (again, I think the lack of the word "muppet" really kept it hidden to my advantage)

8. crazy chris

Fantastic price!! Thanks so much for the tips!! i have a steady search of the word MUPPET that i check once about every half hour....which shows why i missed this... i will add your tips to my ebay resume! lol

cc

9. Twitch92

Twitch92 Member

Palisades Electric Mayhem stage playset (from the Ebay), and the 1988 Swedish Chef doll (clearly, also from Ebay).

10. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

Bought a Mahna Mahna POP! figure from Barnes and Noble, a Gonzo Hot Wheel, a Palisades Johnny Fiama, a 1981 Big Bird die-cast car, and a neat shirt from Sears with Fozzie, Kermit, and a purple tux clad Gonzo on it.

11. Scooterforever

Just today I got my Sideshow Weta Rowlf bust in the mail. I won it for $114 on eBay, which I believe is about as good a price as you're liable to get considering what most of the Weta busts go for. It looks great alongside my Weta Scooter and Link Hogthrob.

12. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

Found a Super Grover 2005 Palasides Toyfair Exclusive at a thrift store today. It's amazing.

13. Scooterforever

Was it MIB or opened? I keep hearing about all these amazing thrift store finds, but have yet to have such an experience myself; I have 2 in my area, and every time I go to them I just find the usual thrift store stuff:sigh: .

14. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Probably really lame, but I bought a Cookie Monster T-Shirt from Wal-Mart that says
    "More Cookies!"
    :insatiable:

15. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

It is brand new MIB. Never opened. I've seen maybe 4 on eBay and everyone asking $75-$175 for him. I paid $30

16. Scooterforever

Lucky, very lucky:super:

17. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

Thanks. In addition to a monthly super garage sale with 250 vendors, I have about 10 local thrift shops in my area.

18. Scooterforever

I bought Plan B's Dark Crystal Mystic bust for $400 on eBay. I had ordered the Garthim bust for the same price on Amazon, but it was lost in the mail. The seller had the Mystic bust listed for $700, but I made him an offer of $400. I really should have started out lower and gone up from there, but given he would already be losing $300 I didn't think he'd go any lower at the time. The initial $700 asking price is frankly insanely greedy, though I doubt he actually expected anyone to pay that. Does anyone know how rare each Dark Crystal bust is? I imagine some are rarer than others; the Chamberlain and Augra busts have popped up on eBay several times in the last few months, so I imagine they're easier to come by. The bust itself is gorgeous, and has none of the flaws and defects I've found in many of my Sideshow Weta Muppets busts.

19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

20. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

Great lunchbox. Looks to be in great condition.