What was your first muppet experience?

FroggiePiggie

Reaction score
Hey all--I was just wondering what was the first thing you remember seeing that got you 'hooked' on the muppets-- I can't really remember which was first but for me it was either The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth--anyways-- get back w/ me :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
For me I can honestly say Ive been a Muppet fan my entire life. I remember being like 2 or 3 just being in total awe of Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. I know there's a lot of collectors on here and Palisade's forum, but I was consciously seeking and collecting Muppet Show and Sesame street stuff when I was about 3(garage sales, thrift stores, etc) My first things were a Fozzie corgi car, and various Ernie and Bert stuff.

I recall throughout my early childhood being in bookstores just totally going to town on all the Muppet, Sesame, and Fraggle books.

The only time my Muppet fan passion waned dramatically was
mid 1990-late 1995...but by Xmas of 1995 I was smack dab back to being a hardcore fan after reading the 40th Annv Muppet feature in Variety.

My passion for Muppets growing up was off the chart...Im slowly getting back to that level of imagination! hehe

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I'm kinda like Cory, I literally grew up with the Muppets, straight from childhood. I cannot say there was a "definin' " moment for me, cause I loved 'em from when I was around (I guess) 2 or 3---I'm sure SS and TMS were my first exposures, though (I grew up in the country w/o "cable").

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I can't really remember but my parents say from about 8 months old I would sit and watch TMS attentively.

I can also remember getting at 7 0'clock when I was 3 and 4 to watch TMS on T.V. on Saturday mornings.

AintEZBeingGRN

Reaction score
I too was raised on the Muppets and cannot remember the first time I watched them. I do remember watching Sesame Street and The Muppet Show as a very young child and of course, the great movies.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Actually, the year I was born was the very same year Fraggle Rock debuted on TV. So my first Muppet exposure wasn't even Seasme Street, but it was Fraggle Rock. I don't remember this, as I was a wee little baby, but my mom said she would make sure every Sunday at 5 PM we would watch Fraggle Rock on CBC... because she really liked it too! ^_^

Maybe that's why I'm such a Fraggle nut now.

And all of my friends and I used to adore The Muppet Show. Actually, when we were really little we used to like it more than Seasme Street... even if we didn't get many of the jokes. Unfortunately (and here I am, admitting) I haven't seen an episode of The Muppet Show for God only knows how long... however, I am currently in the process of downloading the Star Wars one off of Kazaa... it's only taken me 3 days so far. (Grumble)

So yeah, Fraggle Rock all the way.

^_^ Debo

Gonzo14

Reaction score
my sister put a coloring book picture of Baby Animal from Muppet Babies in my Crib in the Hospital when I was born

Super Scooter

Reaction score
My first Muppet experience: Mom taped The Great Muppet Caper off of the TV. Can't say this is what hooked me, but I really liked it. TGMC is my favorite Muppet film now.

First Muppet experience that got me hooked: Hmmm. Probably when I bought (Gasp! Bought? For shame!) my first puppet. I remembered always liking the Muppets when I was younger (I was six or seven at the time I bought this puppet. Younger?) so, I bought it. Ever since, a chain reaction has occured to lead me to out and out fandom.

Cleopigtra

Reaction score
I was Acting!!!

From the earliest anyone can remember, I have been a Muppet fan. It all started with the Muppet Show. As soon as that theme music would come on, I'd be running around the house, screaming with excitement. They were my Saturday Night Live on those Sat. mornings. The first variety show I ever saw. From the time I saw Rita Moreno sing 'Fever' with Animal as accompaniest, I knew I wanted to be the very special guest star. I knew I was going to be an actress.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i too grew up with the muppets....i was two when Jim Henson died, and what is really interesting is that my dad saves papers on our b-days and my birthday is May 17, so i have papers with reports of Jim Henson dying in it....i have never gotten the courage to read them, but i was actually thinking about doing it tomorrow....

my parents have always called me mrs. piggy...I have always acted like her! so i was just raised with them! i still find myself in stores looking for anything with the muppets on it! i guess it's just an obsession! oh well better that than other things!

but as for remembering my first memory would be renting the muppet movie and just sitting there awed at the story line, then every time i went to the video rental store i had to get another one....i was one upset girl when i learned i had run out of movies to rent...

as for being a complete addict that would have to be seeing MFS i was 11 so i was old enough to be curious about how the muppets worked...that was when i joined the ranks of the truly insane:big_grin:

Sarah