1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What will Disney do with Muppet Babies?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by dwayne1115, Jan 9, 2005.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

This is a question i have been really asking myself for the last few days. What is going to be done with the Muppet Babies? We can kind of see where Sesame Street, the Classic Muppets and even Fragle Rock are going. They have Dvd's and their shows and movies are hitting main stream somewhat again. But what about Muppet Babies? Really what if anything do we really know about what is going to come of them.
  2. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Two words: Playhouse Disney
  3. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

yeah muppet babies could fit on playhouse disney i would also like to see them bakc on saterday monrings as well remeber back int he day where they would show an hour od muppet babys ever saterday
  4. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I wonder. Maybe they will put the Complete first season on dvd. I hope.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Henson were developing a new CGI "Muppet Babies" style show. That's not to say it will happen under Disney, but there have been tests for it. The promotional push for Muppet Babies merchandise based on the old cartoon didn't go down all that well last year, the retro market was very crowded already with more popular properties although it may have lost a lot of momentum what with all the Disney sale business going down. I doubt you'll see much based on the "Babies" until they have the Classic Muppets more established first.
  6. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

one reason i think the toys didnt sell as good was because kids would not have known about the series if they had a new series or pushed the old series on dysney before putting out the toy line it would have done better.
  7. froggiegirl18

froggiegirl18 New Member

I don't think they will probably put it back on the air. Cartoon Network are already showing baby looney toons which is very similar. It doesn't seem like it would fit nowadays in the line up of Disney. Does anyone know why Bear was switched to nearly 6am in the morning?
  8. I've seen baby Looney Tunes. It's not like Muppet Babies. I think Muppet Babies would fit during the morning on that Play House disney thing.
  9. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

This is true. :)
  10. Tera

Tera New Member

I just don't think MB tests well. It's a bit like Captain Planet - great mesage, good talent, and parents are happy to let their kids watch it...but children just aren't interested. I admit, this is only from experience with about 5 families worth of kids (I have some tapes and loaned them out) but none of the kids liked it. Even those who knew the Muppets well were bored.

That's why I think it's likely to have a small toy line, but not end up on the air much. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it's my bet.
  11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

So

So who cares if it is for kids or not i still think the shows are funny i really think they got a lot funnyier when Bean and Statlar and Woldorf came on. They where rich new and had some really really funny things. Its kind of funny to me i think Fozzie was more funny as a baby then as a "Classic Muppet".
  12. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I wouldn't personally compare it to "Captain Planet." "CP" was always preachier than "Muppet Babies," and it suffers because of that.
  13. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

That would be fab!! I'd deffo watch that, especially if it was on near Play With Me Sesame!!
  14. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

they have passed disney has sead the have no intrest in cartoons on playhouse disney
  15. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Umm, What do you called the upcoming Mouse House series, P.B. and J Oyster, Stanley, and Rollie Pollie Ollie? :confused: Disney look at all options for programing on Playhouse Disney. The preschool market is a big demographic to tap and so Disney will use program featuring live-action, puppets, CGI, or traditinal animation to their best beneift.

Right now Disney is trying to rebuild the Muppet brand, so the Muppet Babies may have to wait for a little bit. Henson try to bring the babies back with plushes but they didn't really do that well. It didn't help that their wasn't big marketing push to relaunch the brand. Sure there were commerials on Nick and other networks, but in order to get people interest you need to have a new production or a re-release of the material.
  16. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

I dont mean to sound rude but i honestly dont want to see muppet babies anytime soon because they helped contribute to the death of classic muppets.I mean with my generation muppets are only seen as a baby show that came on nick jr.And no one ever thinks that muppets were once good family shows that every one could enjoy.I think this disney deal is our best and possibly last chance to have muppets back in every ones lives and if they relaunch muppet babies then we will end up right where we started.And if any one at disney is listening please keep what i said in mind. :crazy:
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

That is a very good point. You need to be able to keep the classic Muppet on a seperate field from the Muppet Babies.
  18. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

To Baby Sinclair, I think you are right on all counts, except one: I think it was not Muppet Babies that killed off the Classic Muppets, but Elmo. It was right when Elmo came along that everyone suddenly began to think "The Muppets are just for kids!" Muppet Babies may have knocked out the Muppets, but Elmo was the stake in the heart.
  19. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Man, I haven't been here in a long time, now Muppet Babies has its own forum! Whoo!

Anyway, if Muppet Babies came out on DVD (and I don't mean those dinky single DVDs with the dolls) I wouldn't know what to do, I'd be so happy. I adore this show. I have a LOT taped from its Nick Jr. days, but tapes can't last forever.
  20. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

seriously, bazookabeak, I would love it too. After Muppets Wiz premieres on Friday, the brand is officially rebuilt. Let's hope all of America watches this!!! It's been hyped so much that I'm really dying to see it!

BJ