1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What would you like to see in Season 37?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by TotallySpiesFan, Jun 10, 2005.

1. BEAR Active Member

What do you mean Ernie and Elmo type skits?
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The King of Eight, from the second season, was included in an episode from this season. i also saw an animated segment (i forget what it was about, but I think it had an alien-type creature) that looked like it could have been from one of the first four seasons. also, in season 35, there was an episode that had the sketch where bert teaches his pet pigeon how to play checkers, and that skit looks like it was made in either the late-1970s or early 1980s (my guess is 1978-1983).
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Uh... well... skits with Ernie and Elmo. There's at least 2 or 3 of them. two of them being "Be my Echo" and the sharing song "You have some something that I want." They used the latter once in a season, and they had the original version with Elmo and Zoe...
  4. BEAR Active Member

Ok, thought thats what you meant. The wording before was a little mushy. So, going back...did you say you wanted less sketches with Ernie and Elmo together? Why?
  5. maxdrive New Member

Was there an old version fo this song with ernie and cookie mosnter?
  6. BEAR Active Member

Yes, I believe that was the original version if i am not mistaken. Even in the Ernie/Elmo version, Elmo was basically quoting every single line of dialogue that was written for Cookie Monster, which was a bit disappointing. Elmo should have his own lines.
  7. MWoO Active Member

Not at all. They use to do 120 I think. This is a daily show that runs at least once a day 7 days a week usually. It's really ridiculous that the season is over in less than a month. 26 episodes is great for a weekly show but not a daily one.
  8. I'd like to see an episode about a dream(you know, at the end of the episode, the character who is the prime focus of the episode wakes up to realize it was all a dream). Between the Lions did an episode that was about a dream(Lionel's Antlers).
  9. BooberFraggless New Member

I'd like to see Forgetful Jones come back to the show. I know you all probably think I'm crazy for wanting him back since he's been off the show for so long. But that brought Gladys the Cow back after a decade of being kept in the Muppet Attic, so they should bring back Forgetful Jones with a new voice. Mabye Matt Vogel could do his voice. Just a thought :)
  10. Rosewood New Member

Is this a "wish" or "reality" type question?

:confused: If you mean this question the way it is stated, then, of course, I would like to see more of the old stuff and less of the new stuff. But if you mean "what would I like to see within the aspects of reality" then here's my list:
    1. I would like to see Elmo and Baby Bear start going to kindergarden, (and I think SW already has that in motion), but I would like to see them start learning to speak properly.
    2. If they are not going to cut out "Elmo's World" completely, then I would at least like to see some of its inserts eliminated: I agree things like E-mail, film clips, (and even T.V., to a point), show kids different ways to find out info. on things, but things like "shade", "drawer", "Mr. Noodle", and "ask Dr. Dorathy" are not achieving much more than simply killing time.
    3. I would like the subject song-tune at the end of "Elmo's World" to NOT be the tune of "Jingle Bells!" I can think of alot of other kids-songs they could use for the purpose of its repetitious existance instead of a X-mas song.
    4. I would like to see more time spent on the letters and numbers and helping kids learn them.
    5. I would like to see the animators put alot more time and effort into some of these cartoons they are producing. I realize some of the old cartoons were not much better, where quality is concerned; but, back then, they realy didn't have much to work with. With all the new technology todays animators have at their fingertips, they have no excuse for putting out the new "crappy cartoons" they have been showing. (i.e.- Noodles and Ned, "My trip to Hawaii", "My pet Iguana", ect.)
    And (finally) 6. In the past, they have done specials like "SS goes to Hawaii", "Big Bird goes to china" and such. I think the should give Elmo a chance and do "Elmo goes to Spain". I would love to see him do an interview with one of the bulls there! :D
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey, Noodles and Nedd is done by one of the best animators in the industry. Besides, that's HIS style of animation! You should see some of his other work, especially Courage the Cowardly Dog.
  12. dizzyizzy New Member

If they brought back some of the old stuff and got rid of the majority of Elmo, I would be perfectly happy. :smirk:
  13. Rosewood New Member

Well, like I've said before, without diversity this world would be a very boring place! When you mentioned "Courage the Cowardly Dog" it didn't surprise me. I feel the same about that show as I do about "Noodles and Ned". Butt, (pun intended) you know what they say, "Opinions are like (you know whats). Every body has at least one of them, and sometimes they smell!" (mine obviously included. :D )
  14. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

How about that wierd computer animated ten segment with a muppet called nobody that spurts out after he appears: "NOW THEN, LET'S COUNT TO TEN!!!!!"
  15. I'd like to see the Bert and Ernie song, "Adding Numbers." Also, I'd like to see Mysterious Theater.
  16. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

a good idea

I have a good idea that could make both us fans and newer audiences happy.

For the first half hour, devote the show to new stuff. A street story and some new/ recent skits. Then, for the second half, fill the show up with old songs and skits, with the only new things being the letter of the day and the number of the day (those could also be seen during the first half hour if some new number or letter segments are made). Perhaps the first half hour could end with a new Journey To Ernie segment followed by an old Ernie segment (or a new one). Or an old Journey To Ernie segment could start the half hour.

Elmos World could still end the show, but instead of every episode, just every three or four episodes. On those shows, all segments shown between the street scene and Elmos World would be old segments (and the letter of the day, number of the day, and spanish word of the day).
  17. Rosewood New Member

Knowing what is realisticaly possible today, I would settle for this!!!!
  18. astrotrain New Member

New episodes....

12 WHYY Philly
    39 WLVT Allentown

Have been showing (from it seems) the same five episodes from #36.
  19. Maybe there could be a segment called, "Shape of the Day." Some clips suitable for this segment could be It's Hip to Be a Square, TriangleBob TrianglePants, the Baby Talk episode with a square.
  20. Since Baby Bear now has a sister, I'd like to see them bring back Telly Monster's sister Juliette. If Journey To Ernie will stay, maybe they could have Bert search for Ernie in the Journey to Ernie. Or, Bert could host the, "Animal of the Day" segment which somebody suggested.