What Would You Say...about that dress?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay, as much as i love Kaye Ballard, i've always felt so embarassed for her wearing that horrible dress in the What Would You Say number. I want to reach through the screen, pat her on the back, offer her a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and say, "I am SO sorry." All i can think of when i watch that number is "BIG LAYER CAKE!" and then i think "Eek - that dress does NOT do her any favors. After that i go back to thinking "BIG LAYER CAKE!" and then think "Whose idea WAS that dress anyway?" Finally at that point, i get hungry for cake and go out to grab some.

But today...after all these years...i finally GOT it! I realised why she's dressed in that fashion faux pas - she's NOT dressed like a gigantic pink layer cake...she's dressed like the risers from the opening number!

So now i feel just a smidgeon less sorry for her...though i still feel like eating cake...

(BTW - something else i noticed for the first time in that same episode: keep your eye on Scooter during Kaye's opening theme shot...he seems quite overwhelmed with...well, just have a looksee for yourself...)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch that dress with a million mile long pole, let alone come anywhere near even wearing it. :stick_out_tongue: (Although, come to think about it, I might do it for the chance to work with the Muppets and get a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. :wink:)

(BTW - something else i noticed for the first time in that same episode: keep your eye on Scooter during Kaye's opening theme shot...he seems quite overwhelmed with...well, just have a looksee for yourself...)
:concern: LOL, I'm not sure if I've noticed that before, but I have made a few comments about him and certain other female guest stars while watching some episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's Plucky,
the mallard,
He's funnier than
Kaye Ballard...