"What you think about Disney" Thread

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
What do you like/think about Disney? (i.e., Theme Parks, DVDs, Books, etc.)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's a very big subject for me...I really love the parks and what Disney USED to be, but now I feel they're just a complete corporate company. I mean, the older Diz (80's-90's) had heart and story and awesomeness! Today's Diz is very just...It's all about the cash. I mean look at all these rotten sequels they've put out over the past few years! It's a heartless grab at people's wallets I think.

I also find it very interesting how much that Diz actually owns! Did you know they own newspapers, radio stations (besides Raido Disney), and a portion of the E! television network?! It's INSANE how much Diz owns! They're just a few steps away from owning the country! I'm really upset with the way Diz handles things, they're just way too corporate for me, their only concern is money and that makes me mad...

But like I said, I love the parks, in fact, I'm heading to WDW over Thanksgiving.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I think my most favorite aspect of Disney has got to be their corny old live-action movies (you know, from the 80's on back). Oh, and the older incarnations of Disney Channel.

I also like hanging out at Disneyland and DCA, especially with my friend who works there, so she knows a bunch of cool stuff about everything. And MuppetVision is there. Bwehehehe. :big_grin:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
But like I said, I love the parks, in fact, I'm heading to WDW over Thanksgiving.
:jealous:
I love Disney, really I do. I was a huge supporter of them in the begining with the Muppets too. I'm not happy with their handling of the Muppets, but then again, the Muppets aren't the only thing they're involved with. I've been going to the parks since I was a fetus totaling 20 times and I'll be going at least 20 more before I die, and most of their films, classic and modern, are very magical for me. If there was one other aspect of Disney that upset me along with the handling of the Muppets, it'd be the Disney Channel. That just took a nose dive into tween culture for the worse. All those shows are goofy, no pun intended.

peachesncream

Reaction score
i've always been a fan and now mickey signs my payshecks.i may not make enoguh money to eat but getting to make magic and create dreams is awesome for me.
no i do not hear it's a small world in my sleep and the line for peter pan is long becasue the ride moves at half the speed of smell.:mad:
sorry....i guess that was my turn to rant. oh and the costumes are uncomfortable as heck. it may be a pretty blouse i have on with those flowers but it's pretty uncomfortable but i do enjoy my green pants with red stirpes on the pockets and my straw hat in the summer.
k. i feel better.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think disney is losing their mind. The old disney stuff was good, movies and all, but the newer stuff are just lacking in...just...something...that the old movies had. I have never been to a disney park. Disney channel now has some good shows, and some bad shows. I am really mad about what they did to Jake Long. They keep pumping out sequels to movies that werent really nessesary. Like Lion King 1/2, it was horrible compared to the first one. I dont like how they realease movies for a few months then retire them. Oh, and those Mickey M's are DISGUSTING! (they are suposedly mini-chocolate cookie bits shaped like mickey, but they taste like cardboard and glue). But as long as they continue making TNBC Merchandise, I'm happy :big_grin: And I am starting to give up hope on muppets

Tim

Reaction score
If anybody here is into Disneyland Park history, you've got to check out:

http://www.apepenpublishing.com

Lots of GREAT vintage stuff-photos, acticles and more. But the best part is the coolest discussion board there. Not a lot of folks, but you can be in touch with Cast Members and a couple of Disney Legends. And just by posting you can win actual free Disney stuff just for posting-some of it signed LE!

BEST PARTI S, IT'S 100% TOTALY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Being an animator, I've heard so much Dirty laundry on Walt DIsney, I could open a laundromat. The dude had problems. And not even that "Anti-Semite" thing, which I still don't know if I truely believe all the way. Personally, he took credit for creating Mickey Mouse, and it was Ub Iwerks that did it (an animator at Disney's studio). He was a shrewd business man, a tyrant to work for after the first big Union strike, and various other things I don't want to mention.

But, I can't deny Walt Disney greatness for what he accomplished.

As for the characters, I don't like Mickey or Minnie. I love Goofy and Donald, and Pluto? Only when the cartoon DOESN'T involve his head getting stuck in something.

His movies were great, dispite the fact they really didn't make too much money. Fantasia was thought by the common person as too sophisticated, and artistic types thought it was a joke.

As for the company... some of the stuff Eisner did was bad, some of it was good. I hate how they whored themselves to the idiotic tweenage pop wanna be fad (and still do). I hate how they rape Pooh with shoddy Merchandise, but love their new Pooh film and TV projects.

I also like how they understood they could make nostalgia bucks by putting Ducktales and stuff on DVD sets. I love how they finally did the same with The Tick, which they just came across owning because they bought Fox Family, and got Saban's stock of work. I hate that too, since they pimp the Power Rangers as fiercely as Fox ever did. I love some of their movies, I hate others.

So basically, you have to take the good with the bad.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I like the parks, I think Warner Brothers animation is 1,000 times better though. Disney is too cute for me. Plus, I dont like how they handle their product and characters.