"What you think about Disney" Thread

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Disney. I don't think they handing their characters in any bad way. There a bussiness first and foremost, that's what people often forget.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Disney should always be remembered for revolutionizing animation and producing some wonderful films and characters. They went through a dry spell in the '70s, and then came back in a big way in the '90s with Little Mermaid, etc. They're going through another dry patch now (especially with all the business problems), hopefully they'll find a way to bring themselves out of it again.

I don't think Disney is entirely responsible for the Muppets' problems. The Muppets hadn't been themselves for years before they were sold. However, I do wish Disney would see fit to release the classic Muppet material.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I have lots of mixed feelings about Disney....Eisner CERTAINLY was needing the boot, but Iger is so much like Eisner it's almost cruel.

Although I heart Jon Lasseter and hope that his getting involved in the company will do lots of good for Disney.

Tim

Reaction score
John IS very much involved with all aspects of the Comapny along with Steve Jobs. It looks as though Even is Iger is sitting in the chair, the two of them are actually running things creatively. The results of their short time there are already begining to show, (the Nemo attractions) and the next year things should explode-IF they are given the tools, personal and money to do what they want, and that will depend on the success of the films they are involved with.

There already is a Muppet connection with Frank Oz and Karen Prell, so anything is still possible with a Henson/Pixar combo, but nothing has been said. The Muppet animatronics for California Adventure is a small start, but there is also talk of removing MuppetVison all together, so it's hard top say just how important the characters are to Disney in general.

My feeling is that unless this Fraggle movie or DK2 do well, they will just keep selling dolls and DVD's until they get their money back on Eisner's ego buy, then cut them loose, effectivly anything great coming from the Muppets ever again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I like the parks, I think Warner Brothers animation is 1,000 times better though. Disney is too cute for me.
Yeah... I mean, I like Chip and Dale (But more as Rescue Rangers than anything), Goofy and Donald... But Bugs, Daffy, Taz, Sylvester, Road Runner, Yosemite Sam.... much, much funnier, much better pacing. In fact, the only characters I really hate are those effeminant Gophers. I just don't find them too funny. I, however, think WB is doing as bad, or worse, handelling their characters. Their weird obsession with Scooby Doo being a WB character, and not a Hanna Barbara Character they just aquired during the merger, That Whole Loonatics Unleashed and baby Looney Tunes cartoon fiasco. Bleh. I did like Back in action, I really did. I even liked the Neo-Clampett stylization they gave the characters for the Merchandise. I always wanted to see Duck Dodgers, though.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Sorry for reviving the thread. But while looking at what people said, it is a business thing, I do love the Goofy cartoons and Chip & Dale, the way they handle all the sequels is very annoying. But the early animation itself, the way they made it, its very realistic, I can give them credit to that.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
One thing (not sure if anyone said thsi) Disney cartoons and movies are very violent. Think about it. Bambii's mom gets killed, Mufasa falls off a cliff and gets trampled to death, I think someone dies in fox and the hound, not too sure though. Cruella wants to make all the dalmations into fur coats. Very violent. I still cry and cant watch the lion king during that part. Disney movies are talked about as cute kid movies, but there is alot of violence in them, most often resulting in someone dieing

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
There is a difference between implying violence and showing it...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's true, Disney occasionally could be quite dark. They just got stereotyped into the kiddie films genre.