Whatever happened to Herbert Birdsfoot?

mikealan

Reaction score
Herbert Birdsfoot was a lavendar-colored anything muppet that wears glasses and was performed by Jerry Nelson. He was shown on Sesame Street in the '70's, but in the current episodes, he was disappeared. Why did the SW producers got rid of him?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

There's a thread on that a few pages back. I believe he replaced Kermit and gave lectures in the 70s, but they didn't think he was a very colorful character, so they brought Kermit back. I think that's it.

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, I heard that Kermit will never go back to Sesame Street again, because it now has newer segments like Elmo's World, the Letter of the Day (by Cookie), the Number of the Day (by the Count), the Spanish Word of the Day (by Rosita), Journey To Ernie, Hero Guy and the Monster Clubhouse. I know that most of us classic SS fans did not like Elmo, but some of us like Elmo, because he's one of the Muppets. We believe that Elmo's World should become a classic Sesame Street segment soon. Okay, we hope that there will be Season 35 next year. I know that Kermit won't be on Sesame Street again, because of the new format, and put back Herbert Birdsfoot on new lecture skits, street segments. I also know that the "Ernie Borrows A Vacuum" sketch with Herbert would be after the Journey To Ernie segment.

mikealan

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, Warrick! I'm just wonderin' what happened to Herbert Birdsfoot!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

See, my post under "Things they'd never say." That should tell you. :smile: