Whatever happened to the Muppetzine articles?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Around the time that Muppet Central got started, there was a section that reprinted articles from Muppetzine. But over the years this section seems to have vanished. What happened to the Muppetzine articles? It seems to me like they were removed around the time Tough Pigs started... Did Danny Horn ask for their removal (though I didn't see any Muppetzine articles reprinted on his site)?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes, they were removed at Danny's request. This was a sad chapter in Muppet fandom history. Danny and Phil had a disagreement over various aspects of how MC was being ran (i think the Amazon portal was a particular sticking point) and it escalated into a bit of a war where Danny eventually didn't want either any MZ articles or anything he had written on the site. This also led to a very un-Henson like "us vs. them" war between members of the MC forum and the Tough Pigs forum.

Since webtv became incompatable with Delphi years ago, i don't know if it's still as bad these days but i remember back when i was able to access it, there was a lot of really hateful posts on TP in regards to anyone involved with MC. I hope it's gotten better but for all i know, it could have gotten worse. I've always hated the idea of Henson fans of all people being so divided.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since webtv became incompatable with Delphi years ago, i don't know if it's still as bad these days but i remember back when i was able to access it, there was a lot of really hateful posts on TP in regards to anyone involved with MC. I hope it's gotten better but for all i know, it could have gotten worse. I've always hated the idea of Henson fans of all people being so divided.
I remember seeing the Tough Pigs people talking badly about Muppet Central on the forums years ago, during the era of Palisades Toys and other companies providing insider info here (which Danny seemed to disaprove of). I frequently read the forums there but am not a member (I signed up long ago and my account seemed to be activated but everytime I logged in it would error), and it seems like they haven't talked badly about MC in years (it seems to have stopped around the time Muppet Wiki started). Not sure if any of it has to do with somebody else running the site now or what.