Whatnot Howard

Salmoto

Reaction score
when I saw MCM, I was sure I'd seen Howard the Pig in a muppet production before, now after I looked through scarecroe's site, I know where he came from.

Howard was designed for a Odyssey PSA concerning the use of V-chips in TVs to prevent children. In the PSA, Kermit gets trampled by 3 pigs designed to look like famous operatic singing group "The Three Tennors." the Howard puppet from MCM is exactly like the pig that resembles Luciano Pavaratti, only without a beard (He still has a mole though.) Maybe I'm mistaken, but I couldn't have gotten the initial notion from anywhere else.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
when I saw MCM, I was sure I'd seen Howard the Pig in a muppet production before, now after I looked through scarecroe's site, I know where he came from.

Howard was designed for a Odyssey PSA concerning the use of V-chips in TVs to prevent children. In the PSA, Kermit gets trampled by 3 pigs designed to look like famous operatic singing group "The Three Tennors." the Howard puppet from MCM is exactly like the pig that resembles Luciano Pavaratti, only without a beard (He still has a mole though.) Maybe I'm mistaken, but I couldn't have gotten the initial notion from anywhere else.
Wow, from advocating censor chips in tv sets to advocating randomly pinching people's tushies^_^

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Actually, I think the puppet was first used as one of the pig warriors in Muppet Treasure Island. I have an MTI calendar that has a picture of a group of pigs, and one particular a fat male pig always caught my eye, and made me smile. I think that was Howard. I'm not 100%sure.

Scott

Salmoto

Reaction score
:rolleyes: That's possible, since the PSA came after MTI. Maybe this is a pig mupppet that they've remade sevaral times for whenever it is needed.

Joggy

Reaction score
After his appearance on MTI as a wild boar, Howard appeared in "The Todmans Of Oxford" UK spots in Muppets Tonight, as a very rich and very fat gentleman.