What's Frank Oz working on these days?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
First of all, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Now, does anyone know what Frank is doing these days? I've seen him or anything he was part of since Death at a Funeral. I wonder what film projects he's working on now. He never seems to dissapoint me. He's a great, but underrated director. He should direct the biopic of Jim, if the project gets off the ground. He would do Jim justice and cast the right people to play the parts.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's typical for directors to have 2-3 year gaps between their films (e.g. quite a few years passed for Spielberg between Schindler's List and The Lost World: Jurassic Park), I guess Frank will probably film something this year. I'd love to see him direct the new Muppet film, even if he doesn't perform his characters. We need another Oz-directed Muppet movie (me personally, I think if Frank doesn't direct it, a Tim Burton-helmed Muppet film would be great. It seems Nick Stoller is out).

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I like the idea of Frank directing another muppet movie, but I have some doubts that he wouldn't do it, becuase I think he wants to seperate himself from that to show, he's not just a great performer, but director as well, which I think he already established, but it's his choice.

However, I do like the idea of a Tim Burton-helmed muppet film. That would be interesting to see. I'm also glad that Nick Stroller is out, becuase I don't think he wouldn't bought anything great to a new film. Him directing a Muppet film would be like, one of us forum members trying to do it, it wouldn't work, it would just be a fan making a film, without knowing what Jim really wanted out a new film.

I also heard a rumor that the new Muppet film, might a Who Framed Roger Rabbit, type of film, only with puppets. It would be like that kind dark, yet funny movie. That would be cool to see as well.

As far as the subject at hand, here, I want to see Frank make another dark comedy, like Death at a Funeral, that was a well-made film, with some great laughs and twists to it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If I'm thinking correctly, the dark Roger Rabbit type film is a Jim Henson film, but not using the Muppets themselves.

I also loved Frank's move the Death at a Funeral. It's like he was made for British comedy!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well look where he learned he was in England for the filming of the Muppet Show so I'm sure that there where a lot of shows and things that him and others went to.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well Frank was born and is from England.

But anyway, the book Street Gang mentions that he is like an artist and a sculptor and that he has a studio and that he spend a lot of his time doing that as well.