What's in a Name?

galagr

Reaction score
I can contribute little to this thread but....

Every Eric I've ever met was a complete jerk.

I apologize if there is anyone on here named Eric. I'm sure you are a great person.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doesn't it seem like people named Frank tend to be arrogant jerks, or people Ed or Clyde tend to be idiots? :stick_out_tongue: But I think if I ever had a daughter (not that I want one) I'd name her Mary... either that or Gracie, I can't decide.

And galagr, I've only known one Eric, and no, he ain't a jerk at all, he's a great guy (and he's Canadian, so that probably explains it, lol).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I can contribute little to this thread but....

Every Eric I've ever met was a complete jerk.

I apologize if there is anyone on here named Eric. I'm sure you are a great person.
I know the names sound the same, but I think that Erik looks so much cooler than Eric it's not even funny. I think that having the K in your name makes you ten times less likely to be a jerk (I've known a bad Eric or two before).

galagr

Reaction score
I think that having the K in your name makes you ten times less likely to be a jerk (I've known a bad Eric or two before).

*coughkimkardashiancough*

Heh, but seriously. Were the Eric's you knew jerks? Or were they relatively nice?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*cough*Khloe*cough*
*cough*Kourtney*cough*
*cough*Kris especially*cough*
*cough*Kendall*cough*

As stupid and wedgie-inducing a name North West is going to be, I'm honestly surprised that Kim and Kanye didn't think of a K-name for their baby.

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Heh, but seriously. Were the Eric's you knew jerks? Or were they relatively nice?
I meant having a K in the case of Erik/Eric (though my aunt is named Kimberly is a great person). But I've known four Erics in my life, two I liked (one did actually spell it Erik), one I was give-or-take on, and one I strongly disliked.

galagr

Reaction score
I meant having a K in the case of Erik/Eric (though my aunt is named Kimberly is a great person). But I've known four Erics in my life, two I liked (one did actually spell it Erik), one I was give-or-take on, and one I strongly disliked.

:oops: Sorry! I thought you meant that people are jerks if they have a K in their name period. So, I guess my theory about Erics was at least half correct. Unless you're from Canada or spell it with a K.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought he said names with a K looked so much cooler as opposed to a C (Erik/Eric, Kathy/Cathy, Kasey/Casey, et al.)

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I know at least six Joshs, five or six Katys/ies, and maybe five Emilys.