What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
While I've been working on my most recent story, a lot of ideas have been popping around in my head that concern the "MARVELOUS Muppets" series, which I'll be turning back to soon after I finish the recent story in process. There are some stories in the series that I haven't got off the ground yet, and there are some that are in desperate need for a revision. And, as I stated before, all of these stories will have popular characters from the Disney franchise.

Here's a list of "MARVELOUS Muppets" tales that you can expect in the future:

The "Spidey" Saga: OK. After seeing the new Spider-Man 3 teaser trailer, I believe I have the perfect set of stories to lead into the next movie. A while back, I attempted to start on a Spidey/Muppets story titled "Web of Heroes", and at first I said that story will be untold, but now I've changed my mind. I'm going back to that tale and revising it, keeping some original ideas, taking out others, and coming up with new ones. What I plan to do is use characters from Kim Possible (who made an appearance in "Hulk-O-Vision") and Lilo & Stitch to help back up the Muppets in their adventure. One idea I have involves putting Kim and Ron in the Daily Bugle as undercover reporters. Speaking of which, somewhere in the series of stories, KMUP employees Clifford, Rizzo, and Pepe will be coming to the Daily Bugle, along with returning reporter Gonzo the Great.

The "Fantastic Four" Saga: After several attempts to work up an FF/Muppets tale, I've found the perfect storyline that'll once again team up aliens and mutants. The KMUP station will return as it moves to Manhattan, and it could've moved there at a perfect time, because Jen and Kira have also arrived to seek help to defeat an intergalactic threat (if the Silver Surfer and Galactus are going to be in the next FF movie, then this will be the reason of their arrival). But as this is happening, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker are trying to avoid public attention (and their greatest fans, coming in the form of Johnny Fiama, Sal Manilla, and Bobo the Bear), as they reminisce over their history with the Fantastic Four. Meanwhile, Dr. Phil Van Neuter (and his assistant Mulch) also reminisce over their history with the most feared man in Manhattan, Victor Von Doom (a.k.a. "Dr. Doom"), as they attempt to bring him back to life. Characters from W.I.T.C.H. will also play important roles in the story.

The Electric Mayhem/Daredevil/Punisher Story: This idea just popped in my head last night, as I was thinking of how I could tie the Muppets in with two of the darkest heroes in the Marvel Universe. At first, I wanted to tie them in with the most darkest characters in Henson-related shows and movies, but then I decided to see how they function with a bunch of crazy musicians like "The Electric Mayhem". In this tale, the group is being sued for claims of threatening to blow up a stadium, when they performed a song that had the words "blow" and "atom bomb" in the lyrics, and their lawyer is none other than Matt Murdock (a.k.a. "Daredevil"). Meanwhile, Frank Castle (also known as "The Punisher") has targeted them for punishment, leaving their lives literally in the hands of the Daredevil.

The Labyrinth/Blade/Ghost Rider Story: With Ghost Rider coming out in February 2007, this will have to be the first story that I'll tackle out of all the "MARVELOUS Muppets" tales in this list. If you last remember in the X-Men/Muppets story, "And He'll Stand With...", Jareth was supposedly cured by Gobo Fraggle. Well, Jareth was cured, but only of his imprisonment in our world; Gobo had unwillingly improved Jareth's Goblin King powers to the 100th degree, making him an unstoppable supernatural force. Now targeting Sarah and her friends from the Labyrinth, Jareth is out for revenge; however, Sarah isn't alone. Jareth is being targeted himself...by the half-Vampire/half-human being that calls himself Blade. With the Daywalker on his tail, Jareth must resort to teaming up with old allies (Mephisto and his "son", Blackheart), as another unearthly force is unleashed, which people will call "The Ghost Rider". Characters from "American Dragon: Jake Long" will play important roles.

The plots to these stories may change, depending on what the plots to the movies look like. The only one that probably won't change at all will be the "Electric Mayhem/Daredevil/Punisher" tale, since the movie adaptations to Daredevil and The Punisher have been out for a couple of years now. I'm still working on a good storyline for the "Scooter/Ultimate Avengers" story, which I'm sure will probably tie-in with the new "Iron Man" movie.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... And I heartily look forward to reading most, if not all of this stuff Sean. It's been a bit of help inspiring me as of late, what with all the characters we seem to like.

Scooter/Ultimate Avengers/Iron-Man? Well, just so long as you know there's an Ultimate Avengers 2 on its way.
Would advise to finish Sesame/Superman first though... Then see what paths the movies lead you to follow, though it doesn't have to be limited to just that specific silver screen storyline.

LMK if you need help with anything, and keep posting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Sean... Would also recommend you get yourself the Ric Moranis episode of Muppets Tonight. You can use the final number with Ric, Pepe and Seymour fighting the Dough Monster, and Bunsen with the shrink ray as fodder for your Muppets/Fantastic Four story. At least it could serve to help you see how Bunsen and Reed Richards could probably interact, cueing from Bunsen and Ric's interaction in that segment.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yes... And I heartily look forward to reading most, if not all of this stuff Sean. It's been a bit of help inspiring me as of late, what with all the characters we seem to like.

Scooter/Ultimate Avengers/Iron-Man? Well, just so long as you know there's an Ultimate Avengers 2 on its way.
Would advise to finish Sesame/Superman first though... Then see what paths the movies lead you to follow, though it doesn't have to be limited to just that specific silver screen storyline.

LMK if you need help with anything, and keep posting.
Thanks, Count. I may not work on one or two of these stories immediately after I finish my Sesame/Superman tale. I'll probably take a breather afterwards, going back to work on simple Muppets stories like "Fraggle Street" and that other tale that I wanted to share with everyone. But, nevertheless, I will get them posted.

The Count said:
Hey Sean... Would also recommend you get yourself the Ric Moranis episode of Muppets Tonight. You can use the final number with Ric, Pepe and Seymour fighting the Dough Monster, and Bunsen with the shrink ray as fodder for your Muppets/Fantastic Four story. At least it could serve to help you see how Bunsen and Reed Richards could probably interact, cueing from Bunsen and Ric's interaction in that segment.
Yeah, I thought about not only paying an homage to Rick Moranis, but the entire Honey, I Shrunk The Kids franchise in general, since there'll be a lot of Disney-related characters involved.

But I don't know where I could find that particular episode (or any other episode of MT for that matter, sans the Prince episode that can be found on YouTube's site). If you could tell me where I can or describe the final number to me, that would help.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I have a bit of an update that I'd like to share with everyone, regarding the next Spidey/Muppets stories that I'll be writing in the future, which will lead up to the events of Spider-Man 3.

As some of you may know by now, Sam Raimi and the rest of the cast and crew of the next Spidey flick have stated that there will be four villains in the next movie (Flint Marko/Sandman, Eddie Brock/Venom, Harry Osborn/"The Green Goblin II", and the unknown villain). Well, I've decided to copy Mr. Raimi's idea, so to speak; but instead of villains, I'll be including four other franchises into the story. Two of them I had already revealed in the first post of this thread: Kim Possible and Lilo & Stitch. The third one will be Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, whose characters were already introduced to the "MM" universe in the second and third X-Men/Muppets stories; all of them will be coming back for expanded roles in the next Spidey/Muppets stories.

And just like Sam and his crew have been keeping the fourth villain a major secret, I'll be keeping my fourth franchise under wraps as well. I may reveal it tomorrow, I may reveal it next month, or I might just wait 'til the third movie gets released in May 2007. Either way, you readers will eventually find out what the fourth franchise that I'll be including into the stories will be. But I can tell you this much: I have never written anything that relates to this franchise before in the seven years that I've written crossovers, and just like Foster's, it'll be an interesting task to handle as I bring it to the "MARVELOUS Muppets" continuity for the first time ever.

On a side note, I've thought up some infamous "Muppet villains" that we were introduced to in four Muppet movies that I'd like to bring into the "MARVELOUS Muppets" world. Nick Holiday is already one of the five major villains that I'm bringing into the stories (if you've read the "rough draft" of "Web of Heroes", his name has been mentioned, but he had never appeared in the story). The other four "Muppet villains" (I guess I really am copying off of Sam...lol!) will be revealed later. Two of them will have connections to the return of the "Manhattan Melodies" show.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Would maybe leave Lilo and Stitch out of it, unless you focus on just the core characters mixing them in like Kingdom Hearts 2.
Reason I say that... I'm really into Lilo and Stitch the series, especially mapping/placing all the experiments/cousins they find. And that kind of storyarch might best be left for either an X-Men/Muppets spin-off of your own penning, or perhaps for the Wolverine spin-off or X-Men/Muppets 4 which is slowly getting started.
*All I know is what was said on www.filmforce.com, the newer cast members have contracts already inked, the veterans like Wolverine and Storm are proving difficult and might be too expensive for renewal by the studios.

As far as where you can get the Ric Moranis MT episode, along with all the others... Here are three forum members you can contact to get copies on DVD/VCD.
MuppetLord.
Justin Faulknor.
KermiClown.

Hope this helps.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, the reason I wanted to bring in Lilo & Stitch was because the symbiote that attaches to Spider-Man in the movie could possibly be from outer space (arriving to Earth much like the way it did in the animated series from the 90s), and since Stitch, Jumba, Pleakley, Gantu, and all of the other experiments are from outer space, I figured it'd be interesting to have at least one of them have some sort of a connection with the symbiote (perhaps know what planet it was originated from).

Then again, it could be a substance developed here on Earth (and not some other planet). If that's the case, then I can leave characters from Lilo & Stitch out of the story; but I might just have to add a mad professor who takes pleasure in lobotomizing innocent frogs that refuse to do commercials for power-crazed businessmen into the stories and give him a connection to the symbiote.:wink:

Thanks for the help, Count.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... This is just my take on things, spin it however you like...

Lilo and Stitch: Since the point is finding all the other 624 experiments/cousins... And since you already have Gantu hunting them down...
A possible slant you could take on things is the experiments/cousins are after all genetically-altered beings, approximating them to mutants... And therefore, it'd be only natural that Jacques von Hamstervil aligns himself with the human scientists who created the Sentinels. That way, Gantu could command a fleet of Sentinels on the path to capturing all the experiments/cousins and X-Men mutants... Which'd lead perfectly into X-Men/Muppets 4.

Spider-Man 3: Venom... Heard that Reimi's going for the sort of retro sci-fi origin, akin to John Carpenter's The Thing.
So... You could keep the outer space origin story. But throw out any kind of connection between it and Jumba or the other aliens from Lilo and Stitch. Besides, if you went that route, it'd lend a sort of compassion towards the character... And this'd be Venom's introduction, compassion isn't part of his makeup at this point. That only happens later when Eddie Brock's trying to protect Sarah Kafka. Maybe this way, you can connect the symbiot to those outer space sci-fi/horror stories... And just maybe that'd give you an excuse to have Dr. Phil van Neuter make a return cameo from your FF story.

Just a few ideas, though I also kind of like the thought of having Professor Max Krassman connected to Venom's origin story for your Marvel/Muppets fanfic. Hope this helps.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I see your point on both accounts. Perhaps Lilo & Stitch characters would be best for an X-Men/Muppets crossover; and I did mention while working on "And He'll Stand With..." that there'll be more X-Men/Muppets crossover, despite whether there's a fourth movie or not. So I'll see where I'll go with that type of story, after I get through with the top "MM" stories that I have set up on my writing table right now.

And I like the thought of having Phil van Neuter in a cameo role. But, first, we'll have to see how he'll end up in the first F4/Muppets story.

So, I guess with Lilo & Stitch out of the mix, I can bring in characters from Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego as a replacement; they'll do nicely with Nick Holiday's involvement in the stories, just like the KP characters will with Harry Osborn's, who will be the main reason why they're going undercover as Daily Bugle reporters. The characters from the mysterious fourth franchise that I've yet to mention will have connections with Max Krassman and the symbiote.

Speaking of Muppet villains (Harry Osborn excluded), these are the people so far that I've revealed to be in the pre-Spidey 3 and the actual Spidey 3/Muppets tales:

1) ??????
2) Max Krassman
3) Nick Holiday
4) ??????
5) ??????

And if anyone wants to include "side-villains" into that list, you can add Holiday's henchwomen (Carla, Darla, and Marla), because they'll be in the stories as well.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to know. There's some hubbub about Harry being Green Goblin II, whether he won't be called that in the movie/script, and whether he's villaneous at first but then turns into an ally.
Will have to wait till the movie I guess.

BTW: Did you catch Codename KND: Operation Zero?