1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What's on your desktop?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by HPDJ, Jun 19, 2005.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Ok, just what exactly is Handbrake? I keep hearing about how wonderful it is and the site really doesn't tell me anything. Is it just a file converter?

Also...
    [​IMG]

3. D'Snowth

It rips DVDs.

It's not THAT great... it's good for recordable DVDs (R, RW, etc.), but it's lousy at trying to rip actual DVDs, because the content comes out in a mess of magenta, lime, and snowy pixels.

4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Don't you have to have some extra codec or whatever installed with it though? I was looking for something to rip a dvd and I kept seeing people mention handbrake and how you needed something else with it because it wouldn't rip it alone?

I'm not as technologically savvy as people think I am and it all just confused me :o

5. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I often change mines! Last week was a picture of my honey-gold skin Muppet buddy Walter! This week it's my favorite cartoon character, Lola Bunny!

6. D'Snowth

I didn't have to do that, but that may or may not explain why studio manufactured DVD rips result in the picture being consumed by lime, magenta, and gray pixels (but again, DVD+RWs are no problem whatsoever).

7. D'Snowth

8. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

9. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

*sings* Lucy in the skyyyy with diamonds...

Vincent L and LinkiePie<3 like this.
  10. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

A picture of my classmates. Or on occasion, famous artwork.

*gasp* :eek:

11. D'Snowth

12. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I have Moopets on my Desktop.

13. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

The vegan food pyramid, as a reminder to remember to eat right. Not that that always works (I just finished a vegan peanut butter cookie dough milkshake. Yummers)...

miss kermie likes this.
  14. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

I have a picture of Kermit and 80's robot

15. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

Shortcuts to programs I never use...and a wallpaper of the yellow bird from Angry Birds (not sure why).

16. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

A Dr. Whooves fanart I got from google images.

17. D'Snowth

I don't even know what this is (apparently, it's some kind of island), I just thought it looked cool:

[​IMG]

18. D'Snowth

19. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

My desktop has nothin' interesting, just a cool Windows 7 wallpaper I found online.

[​IMG]

D'Snowth likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

I may have to find that for myself, because that is so hardcore looking!