1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's on your desktop?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by HPDJ, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

[​IMG]
    This is what has been my wallpaper for a while, but I plan on changing it up when December is closer.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

This thread continues to be a reminder to get these stupid Muppet promotional backgrounds off my computer and put something else up...
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Speaking of stupid promotional backgrounds...

[​IMG]
  5. D'Snowth

6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Nice! I like that.

P.S. I'm not too well versed with my Sesame knowledge...where is this from?
  7. D'Snowth

It's a bonus clip on the Old School Vol. 3 set, for Season 13: it's a nice, yet repetitive and redundant song Bob sings about snowflakes.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Ah, neat. Now it's peaking my interest and I may need to take a watch now that I finaly have the set.

As for my desktop, I'm sure you can guess what's on it... :rolleyes:
  9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Not worth posting a screenshot; it's a quiet pic of snow coating Central Park. The files are more interesting: a folder of Angela Carter pdf stories, a folder of digitized albums my crush sent me, a folder with a schlock film he sent me ("The Creeping Flesh"), pics of the London Underground cars and some sheep (for a drawing project), and notes begun for another story.

---------------
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

A guide for translating the Bionicle alphabet, because I am a dork like that. :D
  11. D'Snowth

12. D'Snowth

13. Sgt Floyd

Ok, just what exactly is Handbrake? I keep hearing about how wonderful it is and the site really doesn't tell me anything. Is it just a file converter?

Also...
    [​IMG]
  14. D'Snowth

It rips DVDs.

It's not THAT great... it's good for recordable DVDs (R, RW, etc.), but it's lousy at trying to rip actual DVDs, because the content comes out in a mess of magenta, lime, and snowy pixels.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Don't you have to have some extra codec or whatever installed with it though? I was looking for something to rip a dvd and I kept seeing people mention handbrake and how you needed something else with it because it wouldn't rip it alone?

I'm not as technologically savvy as people think I am and it all just confused me :o
  16. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

I often change mines! Last week was a picture of my honey-gold skin Muppet buddy Walter! This week it's my favorite cartoon character, Lola Bunny!
  17. D'Snowth

I didn't have to do that, but that may or may not explain why studio manufactured DVD rips result in the picture being consumed by lime, magenta, and gray pixels (but again, DVD+RWs are no problem whatsoever).
  18. D'Snowth

19. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

20. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

*sings* Lucy in the skyyyy with diamonds...
    Vincent Liu and LinkiePie<3 like this.